Ethericat
42 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2017, 18:40
Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 04, 2017, 18:37
tjj wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
tjj wrote:

Theresa May is shaping up to be the biggest hypocrite to be PM yet.

Er? I'm not a Tory voter/supporter. Never have been.

It was not my intention to suggest you were Ethricat. Just presenting more evidence to reinforce what you and others have already said. I know people who are Tory supporters and in the rare instances where that person is also a friend we silently agree not to discuss politics.

Thanks. Decent frustrated people of either persuasion. I've never bought into the self appointed moral high ground of many on the left, which can be so hypocritical, just as much as so many those of the very same of the right. I know/have worked with many fundamentally decent people with different economic/political views that are not so far apart when you really get down to it, just bewildered by bullshit.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 19:47
nigelswift wrote:
Very glad you pointed that out June, especially as Trump tweeted exactly the same misrepresentation today (and Don Lionkiller Trump did exactly the same after the previous London attack.)

There's talk Trump is thinking of visiting Britain to show solidarity. No thanks. He's a kakestocratic juvenostat. ;)

You make a habit of showing your contempt for people way above your standing don't you Nigel. He's only the President of the USA after all and you are - well you're just a nobody aren't you. And strangely enough just to balance things up, someone doesn't like you either do they...can't imagine why not...LOL

https://youtu.be/a7CUe93COHw
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 19:56
Sanctuary wrote:
You make a habit of showing your contempt for people way above your standing don't you Nigel. He's only the President of the USA after all and you are - well you're just a nobody aren't you. And strangely enough just to balance things up, someone doesn't like you either do they...can't imagine why not...LOL

Well done for turning a thread about a terrorist atrocity into an opportunity for a personal insult of another poster.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 20:20
thesweetcheat wrote:

Stop cutting police services. https://youtu.be/k8CguKK17F0

All that stuff about putting the "army on the streets" is idiotic. This isn't Helmand Province. It's not even Londonderry and look how well that worked out. The army isn't the right body to be carrying out intelligence work. The police need to be properly funded and it would also help if US intelligence didn't go blabbing details of live investigations as they did in the immediate aftermath of Manchester.

Here's the view of a serving firearms officer:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/london-terror-attack-bridge-borough-latest-firearms-officer-government-wrong-police-cuts-theresa-may-a7772506.html
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 20:34
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Well done for turning a thread about a terrorist atrocity into an opportunity for a personal insult of another poster.

Thank you. Not nice when they get a taste of their own medicine is it.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 20:38
Sanctuary wrote:
You make a habit of showing your contempt for people way above your standing don't you Nigel. He's only the President of the USA after all

OMG are you accusing me of lèse-majesté towards a pussy grabber? You are, aren't you!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 20:41
nigelswift wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
You make a habit of showing your contempt for people way above your standing don't you Nigel. He's only the President of the USA after all

OMG are you accusing me of lèse-majesté towards a pussy grabber? You are, aren't you!

:-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 20:53
Never mind the smile. He's the one you share your false representation of the Mayor of London with.

As for the detectorist with the guitar, yes you're right, he has threatened me and my family. It was a police matter. Nice of you to bring it up.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 21:38
nigelswift wrote:
Never mind the smile. He's the one you share your false representation of the Mayor of London with.

As for the detectorist with the guitar, yes you're right, he has threatened me and my family. It was a police matter. Nice of you to bring it up.

Not nice of course but I have made no mention of him threatening your family, how would I know that? But getting back to the point, show some respect for the man as you would like to be respected yourself if you held his position. You actually know nothing about him personally do you other than what you have read in the rags and picked up on the net over the past few weeks.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 22:31
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Not nice of course but I have made no mention of him threatening your family, how would I know that? But getting back to the point, show some respect for the man as you would like to be respected yourself if you held his position. You actually know nothing about him personally do you other than what you have read in the rags and picked up on the net over the past few weeks.

Not sure I can be bothered with this any more. You've got some front Roy, to accuse me of 'stirring it' simply because I pointed out you (and Trump) had misconstrued what Sadiq Khan said this morning. Why do that? I can only speculate. I don't respect Trump at all... yet. I respect leaders who are peace makers - if he proves to be one I may come to respect him but I'm afraid his stand-down on global warming makes that highly unlikely.
You are also out of order to accuse me of stirring when you have posted
that video link to Nigel Swift - it was an appalling attempt at winding him up. Some might say baiting.
I have a right to join in this debate and have not insulted any one. Have just watched some of the Manchester Benefit Concert and although its all 'young stuff' very refreshing to see it on a day such as this. Its a long time since Bob Dylan got up there and sang about 'Masters of War' and 'Times they are a changing' but he was right - "the first one now will later be last". Our country and our future belongs to those children and young people singing along tonight with Ariana Grande. And in the words of the old wordsmith "Even the President of the United States sometimes has to stand naked". Little did he know when, as a young man, he wrote those words ... how true they would be.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index