10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Trump screws planet, but....
Jun 02, 2017, 22:31
dhajjieboy wrote:

It is smug for anyone these days to lay the current global warming on any one country or interim leader. {especially for cheap point scoring during the run-up to an election}
Were ALL responsible for it as a species...i knew that since at least the 1970's.
"Trump screws planet".....not hardly....its all been along time coming.
I too, am an advocate and financial supporter of wildlife thru my entire life...
My entire career contributes to the preservation and continuance of life.
Countless lives have been extended thru treatments for their respective cancers on systems that i have personally had a hand in servicing...
I sure am doing 'what the hell can be done'.....so no need to try 'trumping' one another with eco/conservation/historical-'warrior' status...

I am certain of 1 thing only...its not going to be any of the things that you do as an individual at this point. Its man-kind as a totality that must be addressed immediately. I have the privilege to set at the table surrounded by very learned minds on a regular basis....primarily physicists and M.D.s, whenever the subject has come up at the lunch table, its almost always the same lowest common denominator....way too many people. By at least 5 Billion now in all likelihood.

In all seriousness, i ask you....how the fuck are 'WE' going to fix that?
Because that is ultimately the only answer that even begins to address where we ALL stand at this precipitous time in OUR collective history.

I guarantee that finger pointing won't do one damn thing.

Actually the only 'finger pointing' going on is at President Trump for pulling out of the Paris Climate Change Agreement which 195 countries had signed up to for the reasons you mention. "In all seriousness, i ask you....how the fuck are 'WE' going to fix that?" All I can say in way of an answer is the President of the United States has basically just said Fuck You to the concept of a global effort to slow the process of global warming down.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/6/2/15723988/winners-losers-trump-paris

"As part of the Paris agreement, countries reaffirmed that they would give $100 billion over several years to the Green Climate Fund, to assist developing countries with their climate policy. In his speech, Trump not only made clear that the US is done with the fund but also mocked it. “The so-called green climate fund, nice name,” is “costing the United States a vast fortune,” he said.
Part of the point of the fund is to help the least developed countries most at risk of catastrophic global warming. And the threats to them are very real and very scary. Countries like Bangladesh, for instance, are looking at a major refugee crisis in the coming years as sea level rise displaces millions of people living in coastal flood zones.
And we’re not just talking about people having to leave their homes because climate change will make them inhospitable or make it impossible to grow food or find water. The World Bank estimates climate effects could push 100 million people worldwide into poverty over the next 15 years."

U-Know! Forum Index