Register
U-Know! Forum »
Ivory Trade Ban

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Re: Ivory Trade - no total ban (slight return)
May 31, 2017, 06:35
Well said.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Pitiful
May 31, 2017, 13:21
Holy shit.....harping on endlessly about the very least of the U.K.'s concerns in this next election....
Talk about clutching at straws.
Brexit/May....
You will make it happen.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Jun 03, 2017, 10:45
Re: Pitiful
Jun 03, 2017, 10:45
I would expect any decent Conservative to step in front of the bullet and take one for the wildlife.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/oct/12/zimbabwe-will-not-charge-us-dentist-killing-cecil-lion

America has agreed to supply the bullets and the shooters.

"Can you see what it is yet?" (Rolf Harris 1967)
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Ivory Trade - no total ban
Jun 03, 2017, 11:19
You've made no attempt to engage with what GruftyJim so carefully explained. But why not?

What he's explained looks like a variety of incontrovertible arguments for a total ban, if elephant protection is the desired outcome. If you read what he's written the information might make you wonder why your beloved Tory overlords don't want such a ban. Hmm. Why could that be? Why would they change their minds? (can you feel the cogs whirring?)

Did you read it? Did you wonder why the tories' line differs from all these agencies and scientists?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 11:46
"Did you wonder why the tories' line differs from all these agencies and scientists?"

Of course. But logic doesn't come into it. Pittsburg miners pretends scientists are wrong about global warning for job preservation motives. But worse is pretending scientists are wrong about ivory to support some antiquities traders. That's as awful as it gets.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 13:13
Whats awful is that it won't matter one bit about what the UK does about banning IVORY....
China is still gonna see off the last elephant for its tusks, and some tribesman{s} in Africa is gonna feast on its 'bush-meat' remains.
But don't let that stop you from finger pointing at your own countrymen and America as a last ditch rant in your election run up.
We lost our election to Trump over here for the same reasons...the 'left' had nothing to offer but loony ranting.
And the 3 stooges as heroes....
CHELSEA/EDWARD/JULIAN A.
About what all ya all have to offer here thus far.

I wonder how many of you will actually be getting off your asses and vote this time.....Sinagog...are you listening?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 16:33
Eh up, trouble-stirring internet man! Managed to register for a homeless vote, which should mean my vote counts for every voting area of the UK at once. ;)

Glad to see you're making so many new friends!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 17:46
nigelswift wrote:
That's as awful as it gets.

I think it's in the running. Or possibly the nine ageing male Tories on Question Time yesterday screaming at Corbyn for not wanting to kill millions of people with a nuclear bomb.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 17:50
dhajjieboy wrote:
I wonder how many of you will actually be getting off your asses and vote this time

I'll be voting, just like in every other election I've ever been eligible to vote in, national, local, EU, even the sodding Police & Crime Commissioner ones that had the lowest turnout ever.

I'll be voting for hope not fear. There is a different, positive direction this country can go in, but only if the Tories don't get back in.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Jun 03, 2017, 18:47
I noticed that on the front of the mail today (unavoidable as it was propped up at the supermarket checkout). Like you WANT someone who will use nuclear weapons? Are these people crazy, is that the most important thing in their minds at the moment, that you want someone who seriously wants to press the button and annihilate us all? It seems very very twisted. Can we not talk about the NHS or taxation or Brexit or almost anything else you can think of? Such distraction for the terminally hard of thinking.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index