Genital mutilation..

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Genital mutilation..
Apr 25, 2017, 22:05
Your thread focuses on female gm and rightly so; it’s an abhorrent practice and one that should be condemned far more than it is at present. And, along with an educational programme focused on those individuals and societies that still practice it, anyone here in the West who condones and/or engages in it should feel the full force of the law – imprisonment and/or deportation where appropriate.

But let’s not forget that there is also male genital mutilation in the form of circumcision. Widely accepted and wildly condoned under the banner of an out-dated ‘religious’ tradition. It may not have the same devastating effects as female genital mutilation but there are effects and the practice does need to be addressed.

There’s quite a lot of research now being undertaken on the effects of circumcision but a (baby) boy who is circumcised has been given no choice in the matter. That surely goes against everything that Western society and Western civil rights stand for.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 02:40
Dunno what to tell you on circumcision....
I freely admit to a 'brissed' willy.
I wouldn't have it any other way, and to be candid, it's never been an issue during and up to, my sex life.
{they kinda' look a bit like a lamprey eel otherwise...}

And it's absolutely not even close to on par with the cruel and total removal{as i understand it} of a poor young girls outer L*b*a and cl*t*r*s....
....Fucks sake....barbaric in the extreme.

I did once overhear a conversation on this subject that went like this.....
"Where would all the seafood restaurants get their calamari from if it weren't for circumcision?"

Their you go....
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 02:59
dhajjieboy wrote:
Unlike yourself, I have too much respect for the membership here to 'doosh-up' threads with agenda driven FOX 'news' links...
You just can't help yourself....You had to turn this grave concern into an agenda driven political correctness spin-fest about bed-wetting, liberal,'snowflakes'....
I personally don't give a fuck about what FOX news thinks.
I personally don't give a fuck about what You think.
Edit: spelling

Did you not realize that in this case I was agreeing with you? Your first post rightly pointed out the problem in not criticizing FGM due to respect for "cultural diversity." I concurred, and pointed to a NYT article that purposely calls FGM by a more euphemistic name because FGM is, the author believed, a "culturally loaded term." I pointed to the NYT article as a negative example of what not to do. Isn't that exactly in line with the criticism you made in your first post? FGM is a barbaric practice which needs to be plainly exposed as such. Calling it "Female genital cutting" downplays the severity of it.

On another note, you apparently have difficulty understanding how sources work. If X source quotes person Y verbatim, then it doesn't matter what source is X, what matters is what person Y said. In this case, person Y said :

"I never minced words in describing exactly what form of cutting was involved, and there are many gradations of severity, and the terrible damage it did, and stayed away from the euphemistic circumcision, but chose to use the less culturally loaded term, genital cutting. There’s a gulf between the Western (and some African) advocates who campaign against the practice and the people who follow the rite, and I felt the language used widened that chasm."

This quote is in both the Fox News article and the original NYT article (which I also provided). Interesting how you avoid mentioning the NYT article...
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 26, 2017, 03:02
Good night *D.B.

*= Doosh-bag
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Apr 26, 2017, 22:26
Apr 26, 2017, 22:25
There was a fantastic bit of Frankie Boyle recently where he described his fruitless attempts to find a woman's clitoris at a wedding in Islamabad. He then explained that he knew it must be somewhere in the rubble after the US attacked her wedding with a drone strike.
Down with genital mutilation by amateur surgery or professional drone strikes!
phallus dei
583 posts

May 08, 2017, 20:33
Anthropologist Fuambai Ahmadu comes to the defense of the American doctor in jail for FGM, saying that "in our culture, we practice gender egalitarian circumcision."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hms8faYPE4
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 09, 2017, 01:24
phallus dei wrote:
Anthropologist Fuambai Ahmadu comes to the defense of the American doctor in jail for FGM, saying that "in our culture, we practice gender egalitarian circumcision."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hms8faYPE4

Seriously dude,
You and your FOX news shit can fuck-off.
On the subject of circumcision, you might want to consider removing the hideous transmogrified membrane that surrounds your world vision.....
Tucker Carlson.....ha ha ha !!!!!!

FAIL.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index