U-Know! Forum »
Another Election

Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 130 31 32 33 34 35 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Another Election
May 19, 2017, 08:56
Deep in their souls the sods can see the way Brexit is going and that we won't be able to afford to provide State care so getting us to do it ourselves and making out that's a virtue is the perfect solution. And so Toryish. Remember Cameron's Big Society? EXACTLY the same con.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

May 19, 2017, 12:36
Ah yes I heard something that would tie in with last night. If you've got any assets worth more than £100k (ie your house) then you'll have to spend that on your social care. Instead of being in uproar ('i've paid my taxes all my life etc') the man on the street seemed to agree with it ('oh yes well the money's got to come from somewhere'). Sod that, it's a genetic lottery if you wind up needing such care - why shouldn't we all pay in? Besides, how will this affect precious house prices? what's the advantage in having an expensive house if you can lose the lot?

What next suicide booths because it's better you don't put a strain on the country's finances. Austerity for the people is a choice the tories have made (none of this 'there's no more money' schtick, there's money for whatever they deem important).
Rhiannon
5290 posts

May 19, 2017, 12:37
Your mistake, I don't think they have souls
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 19, 2017, 13:20
Rhiannon wrote:
Your mistake, I don't think they have souls

What they DO have is some utterly clever behind-the-scenes spinners who always present stuff carefully designed to make it look like a silk purse. Your instance, "I paid my taxes all my life but it's only fair I pay for my final years, even if it cleans me out" is a classic case.

BTW, remember Kinnock, about another heartless set of measures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPhMVbleU0
:)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 20, 2017, 09:03
Facist Party manifesto
May 20, 2017, 09:02
nigelswift wrote:
I await, with baited breath, to hear anyone explain how resticting immigration to a few tens of thousands ISN'T bad for the economy or deeply racist or both.

Well, today we have:
"Think tank Global Future, whose advisory council includes leaders from business, politics and the arts, says an absolute minimum level of 200,000 a year is essential to sustaining growth, stabilising the working age population and preventing severe staff shortages in a range of sectors, including the NHS."

So that confirms the fact it's bad for the economy. As for deeply racist, isn't there zero reason left to leave the low limit in place other than to give rampant racists what they want?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 20, 2017, 15:12
Kill them!
May 20, 2017, 14:58
Tories BOW to wealthy antiques dealers and DROP ban on elephant ivory in manifesto

An elephant is killed every 15 minutes. China and USA are banning the trade completely but not shitty Tory Britain.
https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/tories-bow-to-wealthy-antiques-dealers-and-drop-ban-on-elephant-ivory-in-manifesto/
Rhiannon
5290 posts

that couldn't be much more apt today
May 20, 2017, 17:44
I warn you not to be ordinary. I warn you not to be young. I warn you not to fall ill. I warn you not to grow old.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Kill them!
May 20, 2017, 17:48
Truly unbelievable. I'm looking forward to what their supporters come up with in justification for this one.
Ethericat
42 posts

May 21, 2017, 10:57
Absolutely vile. Good to see the gap closing on her, and maybe, hopefully, enough younger people turn out as well as those wising up, the outcome may be just as unexpected as other recent political events over the past couple of years. I certainly hope so. I'll be getting behind Corbyn despite my other wider 'political atheist' concerns.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 21, 2017, 19:29
nigelswift wrote:
Tories BOW to wealthy antiques dealers and DROP ban on elephant ivory in manifesto

An elephant is killed every 15 minutes. China and USA are banning the trade completely but not shitty Tory Britain.
https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/tories-bow-to-wealthy-antiques-dealers-and-drop-ban-on-elephant-ivory-in-manifesto/

Nigel, are you sure about this and not just pouncing on the first thing you can find to have yet another go at Mrs May?

Remember that when the election was announced the 2015 manifesto was still alive and kicking. When the 2017 Tory manifesto was published, they were still in power from the previous election so it concentrated on the Brexit side of things, leaving out on the whole many things already implemented, or about to be as there was no need to change them. The 'ivory thing' was one such implementation as I understand it.

So where exactly has your information come from to justify your claim that they are dropping the ban? I don't mean what you have read on the net or in rag newspapers but in their manifesto? I can't find it myself, but you must have concrete proof as I know you are a stickler for accuracy.

I wasn't going to say anything not wishing to get involved further as I have other things to concentrate on like getting on with my life, but after reading the article you linked to, came across these two comments at the end of it amongst many others that were also quite happy to be offensive to our PM based on what the guy said.

How would you reply to them - are they wrong?

1.Its fake news. Its not in this manifesto because its already implemented. But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story…
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-ban-on-modern-day-ivory-sales

2. Mr Pride is a trolling, misleading, idiot! Yes idiot, he seems to think Cameron was PM on 21 September 2016 when Andrea Leadsom issued a press release announcing “plans to help bring an end to illegal elephant poaching and ivory trafficking” (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-ban-on-modern-day-ivory-sales). And he thinks that an ommission of a previous written commitment means the “Tories have decided to DROP their previous commitment to introducing a total ban on ivory trade in Britain.” (note his emphasis on “DROP”!) This is not the first time I have seen this man make misleading posts and no doubt he will continue to do so. The colour of his politics is clear … if he was really concerned about the elephants he would not use them as the tool to remark about “wealthy” dealers and make derogatory inferences such as “pal of Theresa May”. Nope, sorry people, he doesn’t care about the elephants, he just want to use them to score political points. Get wise to him, he is playing with your emotions.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 130 31 32 33 34 35 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index