Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Delusion, hope or a lie?
Jul 07, 2017, 16:58
thesweetcheat wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
It's been on my mind all along but anyone that says it gets hit with Oh not another vote blah blah blah.
It's conceivable though that in a year or two people may come to the belief that another vote is the lesser of two evils.

Not to mention "but it's the Will of The People". One of the best ironies of the whole thing is the worries from Leavers that Parliament might dare to exercise the sovereignty that apparently the vote to leave was meant to ensure.

I think many people have been of that opinion all along :)

zzzzzzzzz
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 18:35
Locodogz wrote:

You're excelling yourself today HD.

Excelling myself? What.... for kindly pointing out that you shouldn't always believe what you see written on the side of a bus?

You are easily impressed!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 18:36
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
It's been on my mind all along but anyone that says it gets hit with Oh not another vote blah blah blah.
It's conceivable though that in a year or two people may come to the belief that another vote is the lesser of two evils.

Not to mention "but it's the Will of The People". One of the best ironies of the whole thing is the worries from Leavers that Parliament might dare to exercise the sovereignty that apparently the vote to leave was meant to ensure.

zzzzzzzzz

Ah, another rousing post setting out the benefits of leaving and encouraging us losers to sign up to the project.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 18:50
The way this guy keeps on repeating the mantras to 'have faith' and 'wait and see what happens' all the time really reminds me of those scenes in Mars Attacks of the aliens saying, 'Don't run! We come in peace' whilst vapourising us with their ray guns. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogp_Dai691k
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 19:04
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

zzzzzzzzz

Ah, another rousing post setting out the benefits of leaving and encouraging us losers to sign up to the project.

zzzzzzzzz
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 19:20
Hahaha. I think there's less of a masterplan though.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 07, 2017, 20:05
Locodogz wrote:

Anyway I look forward to your response and, indeed, sincerely hope that you're right about it being as easy for me to work in Europe post Brexit as it currently is. Unfortunately I just don't think that'll be the case. But hey - it's the future and none of us can really know - so we'll just have to see I guess

Hi Locodogz

Ain't that the truth and you are the first one here to accept the fact that none of us REALLY know what the outcome is going to be. It really is a wait and see situation irrespective of what others say. The choice is ours how we face up to it - stay miserable and negative, or look on the bright side because there is nothing else we can do about it. I remain very upbeat and will continue to be so no matter what is thrown at us or me. My country and the majority that voted us out of the EU has my full support.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 08, 2017, 06:44
Sanctuary wrote:
you are the first one here to accept the fact that none of us REALLY know what the outcome is going to be.

Not true. None of us knows what the outcome is going to be but most of us are aware that the only uncertainty is about whether we're going to be worse off or far worse off.

That's the basis of the Brexit negotiation in a nutshell if you could but bring yourself to admit it publicly. But then, I suspect you DO know, hence the endless loser and zzzz responses.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 08, 2017, 08:31
nigelswift wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
you are the first one here to accept the fact that none of us REALLY know what the outcome is going to be.

Not true. None of us knows what the outcome is going to be but most of us are aware that the only uncertainty is about whether we're going to be worse off or far worse off.

So you speak for ‘most’ of us again do you. I can equally respond by saying that most of us are looking forward to a bright future but I’m not so up myself to make such a claim.

The ‘whether we’re going to be worse off or far worse of’ are the words of a person genetically pre-disposed to being a pessimist and hell bent on forcing his beliefs onto everyone else.
You do this on whatever forum you are on and whatever the subject matter. You have gone out of your way to belittle and humiliate others because they have the audacity to have a different opinion to you and don’t stop until they have been removed from that forum or given up the will to live and left. You simply can’t abide having people disagree with you whether it is here or on your journal that you keep advertising on these forums and don’t publish their comments unless they are to your advantage.

Striking a balance is abhorrent to you - it has to be your word or nothing.

You lost out on the referendum – lost out on the election – lost out three more times when Corbyn and his motley crew failed in their attempt at derailing the government that you detest so much. Life must be a real bitch for you at the moment. Heaven for me though, how unfair is that – what a blow that must be.

Keep on smiling…you do it so well ?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 08, 2017, 08:50
You'll probably enjoy this from Marina Hyde

"... it was only the other week that Andrea Leadsom was on Newsnight explaining: “It would be helpful if broadcasters were willing to be a bit patriotic.” “Sorry,” queried Emily Maitlis. “Are you accusing me of being unpatriotic for questioning how negotiations are going?” Oh, Emily! You can’t get into that one with Andrea. She’s Brexit’s little ray of sunshine. It would be like explaining quantum mechanics to Scrappy Doo."

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/07/david-cameron-speech-austerity-marina-hyde
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index