Delusion, hope or a lie?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Delusion, hope or a lie?
Jul 05, 2017, 16:27
Wow - is that supposed to be a serious response?

To judge by your Uncle Jimmy's dates I'm assuming he was "doing a job" in WW2 - hardly comparable with current peace time working practices? The notion that he "He didn't even have a passport let alone a visa." is hardly relevant? Obviously if thats meant to be humorous then ha ha ha......?

"After Brexit you will still need to apply for a job, get interviewed and get the job" - methinks it might not be so simple, I may for example have to prove why no native European is qualified to do the same job and face many other legislative hurdles that would block my candidacy (in much the same way as many Brexiteers want to do the other way round).

"America doesn't run on Green Cards. As most of its big cities and almost the entire State of Kalifornia knows!" You may well be correct, if, as I assume, your referencing illegal workers? You may be an anarchic piper at the gates of the Revolution, but some, myself included, wouldn't rather choose to criminalise myself to work in Europe when I could currently do so legally.

As for "Do people think planes will stop flying, ships will stop leaving Hull or the Eurostar will cease to be?" ....hhmm 'no'. But what thats got to do with me being able (or not) to freely choose whether I want to ply my trade in Europe is beyond me. Unless of course you think I'm a stevedore or a train driver. Which I'm not.

Be interested if you've got any genuine and cogent reasons to think there'll be no more barriers to a UK citizen working in Europe post Brexit than now. Other than wartime anecdotes and the suggestion of doing it illegally, of course.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 16:34
So the fact that it was one in 40 rather than one in 4 women subjected to abuse somehow (in your mind) negates the message that we should have 'zero tolerance' for that kind of violence?

You're excelling yourself today HD.

I dare say, back in the days of 'Uncle Jimmy's WW2 workaday job' it was probably legal anyway? Before all that Brussels red tape got involved.........
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 10:58
Michel Barnier, EU Chief Brexit negotiator, today:

"I have heard some people in the UK argue that one can leave the single market and keep all of its benefits – that is not possible. I have heard some people in the UK argue that one can leave the single market and build a customs union to achieve 'frictionless trade' – that is not possible."

Translated as : Fuck you, bus believers.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 12:06
And The Evening Standard today:

"Today the EU reached agreement on a free trade deal with Japan, which won’t cover Britain when we leave. Didn’t Brexiteers promise us the opposite would happen?"

"We were also told President Trump would visit Brexit Britain first, in a great state visit. Today he’s in Poland, on his way to Germany and then France. Hmm."

More FYBB...
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Jul 06, 2017, 12:14
Jul 06, 2017, 12:13
In fairness, I'm not sure brexit had much to do with Trump's delayed visit to the UK.

But if it did, then you may have unwittingly stumbled upon the first solid pro-brexit argument I've heard....
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 12:33
Now if they'd plastered the bus with "Vote Leave to keep Trump away"...........
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 12:42
grufty jim wrote:
In fairness, I'm not sure brexit had much to do with Trump's delayed visit to the UK.

True, but I don't feel I owe any fairness to people whose vote is going to have such damaging consequences. It's time they started feeling the sense of desolation the rest of us felt on Brexitnacht.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 14:25
nigelswift wrote:
grufty jim wrote:

True, but I don't feel I owe any fairness to people whose vote is going to have such damaging consequences. It's time they started feeling the sense of desolation the rest of us felt on Brexitnacht.

Ahh diddums, did the nasty people vote differently to you? Shame on them - what a scurrilous bunch for not taking your feelings into account and having minds of their own knowing you like to have the last say. Never mind, you have two more years yet to keep insulting the winners and government and coming up with all the carefully selected trash from the media you can find by scouring the Internet.
You've moved on now from being a referendum loser to becoming a serial loser who hasn't got the savvy to wait and see what actually transpires on exit, much preferring to make up the future news instead in your usual negative and depressing way.
Why don't you just stop Nigel because nothing is going to change and I'm sure it's not doing you any good?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 15:01
QED
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jul 06, 2017, 17:57
Ha, did you not feel the "let's come together" vibes from that post then?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index