U-Know! Forum »
Delusion, hope or a lie?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Delusion, hope or a lie?
Jul 04, 2017, 18:43
Well good. I and others have been repeatedly blaggarded here for saying no more than that.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 20:48
nigelswift wrote:
Well good. I and others have been repeatedly blaggarded here for saying no more than that.

Still waiting for the coherent and persuasive argument to convince me and 16 million other people how we are going to better off or what we will have gained.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 21:38
Oh and here's another one:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-freedom-movement-farmers-benefit-brandon-lewis-tory-mp-admits-a7823556.html

"Ministers have been accused of double standards after admitting that UK farmers benefit from EU free movement rules which the Government’s critics say are incompatible with its net migration target."

Seems to be quite a lot of these things coming along at once. A bit like buses.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 07:01
thesweetcheat wrote:

Still waiting for the coherent and persuasive argument to convince me and 16 million other people how we are going to better off or what we will have gained.

Well that's not now going to happen, ever. In theory and on paper or on a bus, yes, but reality is that the claimed "advantages" are being eroded one by one. The latest - "target to reduce annual net migration below 100,000 is unworkable" is a biggy for wasn't that the MAIN issue for a huge number of people?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 08:20
nigelswift wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Well that's not now going to happen, ever. In theory and on paper or on a bus, yes, but reality is that the claimed "advantages" are being eroded one by one. The latest - "target to reduce annual net migration below 100,000 is unworkable" is a biggy for wasn't that the MAIN issue for a huge number of people?

"In theory and on paper" would be significantly more than I've seen so far.
veneta1
223 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 11:52
It would be nice to think, as the architects behind this travesty are now conceding that they made a mistake, that some of the deluded, that believed all the bullshit that they willingly swallowed, would now concede that they were duped.

Not very likely, as the default position of the ignorant and ill-informed appears to be to adopt an even more entrenched and extreme position.

Shame.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 12:11
Loser!
Get over it!
It's going to be great.
Time to work together.
May's the only one that can get good terms
And other bollocks.
;)
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2017, 12:18
Jul 05, 2017, 12:16
Locodogz wrote:
Really?

I was under the impression that if I wanted to work in the U.S. I'd have to apply for and be granted a Green Card? And that I'm not automatically "entitled" to one?

At the moment I can go and work anywhere in the EU without the need to seek and get any permissions - are you saying that this will still be the case post-Brexit? I have to say my understanding is that this may not be the case

Right now you would need to apply for a job, be interviewed and get the job. If you were say a self-employed artist you would go and paint (or whatever). After Brexit you will still need to apply for a job, get interviewed and get the job. After Brexit if you were an artist you could still go and paint (or whatever). Europeans have been coming to Britain to work for centuries and vice versa. What makes you have the fear that you wont be able to go there anymore?
Do people think planes will stop flying, ships will stop leaving Hull or the Eurostar will cease to be?
My Uncle Jimmy went to France, Belgium and Holland on a job in September 1939, he came back (the job was cut short) in early June 1940 when he had to leave France through the port of Brest along with his fellow workers. Unfortunately upon returning home he was forced to labour in a coal mine in Ayrshire for the next couple of years (work which he was NOT happy to do). He then got another opportunity to visit Europe in September 1943. That time he visited Sicily, Messina and much of mainland Italy. He finished that job in Venice where he remained based in the city until June 1945 when he returned to Ayrshire. He didn't even have a passport let alone a visa.

Benito Mussolini's Scottish work experience and that of his relatives is well known.
http://www.spanglefish.com/cambusdoon/index.asp?pageid=53867

America doesn't run on Green Cards. As most of its big cities and almost the entire State of Kalifornia knows!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 12:38
Sin Agog wrote:

Aaaaah... writ large on the side of a bus statistics

I remember the "Zero Tolerance" Campaign which ran on the side of Edinburgh Buses (LRT) in the early 1990's. Alongside arty, tastefully posed black and white images of women in distress was writ large a statistic which proclaimed that "1 in 4" women in Scotland were being subjected to some form of violence or domestice abuse. This campaign ran for years. The "Zero Tolerance" campaign was turned into a franchise and was sold along with bus livery and poster images to "sister cities" around Britain and the World.

It was never stated whether this figure related to "every year", "every week" or "once in their lifetimes".

It took till the early 2000's for a shameful admission to emerge from the Edinburgh "Zero Tolerance" Group... that they had got their arithmetic wrong BY A FACTOR OF TEN. It should have read "1 in 40" - a figure which equates with the rate of domestic violence meted out against male partners by their female partners.

I've never take much stock of anything which is written on the side of buses since.
veneta1
223 posts

Jul 05, 2017, 13:17
nigelswift wrote:
Loser!
Get over it!
It's going to be great.
Time to work together.
May's the only one that can get good terms
And other bollocks.
;)

It's the 'time to work together' that really gets me. Why would anyone, with more than two brain cells, sign up to something that is more than likely going to make their lives considerably worse?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index