Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited Jul 03, 2017, 18:11
Re: Delusion, hope or a lie?
Jul 03, 2017, 16:35
nigelswift wrote:
"Six out of 10 Britons want to keep their European Union citizenship after Brexit – including the rights to live, work, study and travel in the EU – and many would be prepared to pay large sums to do so, according to research led by the London School of Economics."

Ummm, doesn't that mean that many of the 52% voted without understanding what they were voting for?

How many people out of the 65 million in the UK took part in that poll?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 07:23
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
"Six out of 10 Britons want to keep their European Union citizenship after Brexit – including the rights to live, work, study and travel in the EU – and many would be prepared to pay large sums to do so, according to research led by the London School of Economics."

Ummm, doesn't that mean that many of the 52% voted without understanding what they were voting for?

No reply yet then?

It wouldn't be because only 2,004 out of 65 million people took part in that poll would it?

So no, it doesn't mean that 52% voted without understanding what they were voting for - it actually means you are still in denial and still a loser and clutching at straws.

Yet another FAIL...just like Jeremy Corbyn!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-nearly-60-leave-voters-104604582.html
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 08:22
It was a survey not a vote and conducted by a very distinguished set of people. If you wish to decry it and say it has no wider relevance, so be it.

As for your constant Trumpian cries of "fail", although everyone here is doubtless irritated by them I don't think they make the actions of the British Government less questionable or Cornwall less in danger of impoverishment following Brexit.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2017, 09:28
Jul 04, 2017, 08:28
Sanctuary wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

No reply yet then?

It wouldn't be because only 2,004 out of 65 million people took part in that poll would it?

So no, it doesn't mean that 52% voted without understanding what they were voting for - it actually means you are still in denial and still a loser and clutching at straws.

Yet another FAIL...just like Jeremy Corbyn!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-nearly-60-leave-voters-104604582.html

Come now, there were legions of big, strident headlines (and, much later, tiny retractions) telling us about things like the mythical 600,000 benefits tourists and the like. We were shanghaied by, to quote Trump, 'fake news'. Very few leave voters suspected the immediate market crash and the expensive, drawn-out negotiations. They were plied with the hashish fumes of rhetoric by a few ill-guided, well-funded Bullingdon boys and, when they sobered up the next day and saw all the mess left over from the previous night's revelries, immediately regretted it. Of course that poll is accurate. Our future prime minister Jeremy Corbyn's recent ascent was a direct result of people saying they will not be coerced by the tabloids anymore after the damage they've already wrought with their paid opinion pieces masquerading as news coverage.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 08:29
nigelswift wrote:
It was a survey not a vote and conducted by a very distinguished set of people. If you wish to decry it and say it has no wider relevance, so be it.

As for your constant Trumpian cries of "fail", although everyone here is doubtless irritated by them I don't think they make the actions of the British Government less questionable or Cornwall less in danger of impoverishment following Brexit.

Same old same old - never changes. Constant bringer of doom! Sad.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 08:42
Well, if a belief that we're going to have either a smaller or a much smaller economy, and no-one yet knows which, is incorrect - I apologise.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 12:45
Hi Sanctuary

I know you've history with Nigel - but of course it's just a poll and not a referendum re-run. That said there are a few pointers to the fact that - what lets face it was a fairly narrow - 52-48 'win' for leave might go the other way now.

By definition none of these polls have a sample size of the electorate (and before you say it, I know polls can be wrong), but to decry them on the grounds of sample size is a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalala I can't hear you"!?!?

IMHO of course......
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 14:58
nigelswift wrote:

It means six out of ten of the 1,200 or so people asked... simply don't understand their rights. Rights which existed long before the EU, European Community, The EEC or The Common Market. Or even the European Coal and Steel whatever the heck it was.

Britons are still entitled to live, work, study and travel - just like anyone else in the world. Talk about framing a question to convince the people asked that they don't have something they actually have!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 15:46
Really?

I was under the impression that if I wanted to work in the U.S. I'd have to apply for and be granted a Green Card? And that I'm not automatically "entitled" to one?

At the moment I can go and work anywhere in the EU without the need to seek and get any permissions - are you saying that this will still be the case post-Brexit? I have to say my understanding is that this may not be the case
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jul 04, 2017, 16:57
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-vote-leave-director-dominic-cummings-leave-eu-error-nhs-350-million-lie-bus-a7822386.html
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index