Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 02, 2017, 11:12
Re: Delusion, hope or a lie?
May 02, 2017, 11:09
Sanctuary wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

The Vicar's daughter Theresa May has also stated that a first strike with Nuclear Weapons is legitimate and that she would press the button.

Hi HD...

With regard to Mrs May pressing the button only...

If a warring country said they were going to launch nuclear missiles at our country at midday today, would you expect her to just sit back and wait until they had obliterated every nuclear power station in the UK which could lead to our total destruction?

Is that what you would do as a world leader or is that not a perfectly legitimate reason for firing first?

"FFS.

I've just killed 10 million of their children on the off-chance their threat wasn't just bluff, and know that as a result, in the next ten minutes, they WILL kill 10 million of our children in retaliation."
Amazing. Strong and stable.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 02, 2017, 11:22
nigelswift wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

The Vicar's daughter Theresa May has also stated that a first strike with Nuclear Weapons is legitimate and that she would press the button.

Hi HD...

If a warring country said they were going to launch nuclear missiles at our country at midday today, would you expect her to just sit back and wait until they had obliterated every nuclear power station in the UK which could lead to our total destruction?

Is that what you would do as a world leader or is that not a perfectly legitimate reason for firing first?

"FFS.

I've just killed 10 million of their children on the off-chance their threat wasn't just bluff, and know that as a result, in the next ten minutes, they WILL kill 10 million of our children in retaliation."
Amazing. Strong and stable.

Just as well I didn't ask you the question as you never answered it.

Try again - Is that not a perfectly legitimate reason for firing first?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited May 02, 2017, 11:30
May 02, 2017, 11:24
No. It would be the greatest crime ever committed.
Killing 20 million children just in case a verbal threat was genuine, thereby ensuring it WAS genuine.

FFS.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 02, 2017, 11:29
nigelswift wrote:
No. It would be the greatest crime ever committed.

Ok thank you
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 02, 2017, 11:33
My pleasure. I'm amazed there was anyone anywhere outside a Trump convention that didn't realise.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 02, 2017, 11:40
nigelswift wrote:
My pleasure. I'm amazed there was anyone anywhere outside a Trump convention that didn't realise.

Thank you
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 02, 2017, 13:46
I don't mind fielding this one....as it comes from a person capable of rational discourse, and not someone who on thread after thread seeks to promote extreme right wing/Marxist values.
First off, i think that their has never been a truly valid reason to even consider using weapons of such destructive capabilities, however, we all do exist in a heavily factional world in which they do exist....on several sides of existing alliances, treaty organizations and 'wild card''rouge status' sovereign states.
It is one of the greatest benefits of a coalition in that no one single nation need to feel the weight of such a threat without the backing of fellow alliance nations to back its right to self protection for its peoples and its future.
I do respect a nations right to self defense, but only with an agreement with its coalition partners in matters that involve nuclear weapons...and that is only acceptable in the world we currently live in.
In a more perfectly developed world, i believe a system will be created that will pinpoint and destroy any aggressor nation with an autonomic and irrevocable devastation for its choice to launch attacks on its neighbors...thus the annihilation of an aggressor falls upon itself as a choice for its own actions.
I also think that if such a system could be implemented, it such be capable of firing a single 'warning shot' across the 'bow' of any nation threatening {as you described it} any such aggression before the final mandated penalty is implemented.
I'm convinced that's mankind's only possible choice to survive the future irrespective of the holocaust that we are currently wreaking on the planet in a non military fashion.
Of course in an idealistic vision of the future, their will be no borders and complete homogeneity of humanity with no more reasons for petty squabbles....that sounds pretty bleak too.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited May 02, 2017, 17:02
May 02, 2017, 17:01
Sanctuary wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Hi HD...

I would expect proper International Diplomacy to be used. It has been abandoned by the Neocon US war machine who have been busily starting wars, using proxy armies and destabilising countries to steal assetts. We have been willingly dragged into this mire by all from Blair onwards.

I do not support a warmonger who threatens first strike (and it can only mean against Russia or China) when no-one has been threatening the UK. Let's be clear - our nuclear weapons are not "Britain's"(though we pay for them through our taxes)... we are a BIG aircraft carrier set up to absorb a strike. And all we are is a target, a target which Theresa May is suggesting will strike first. And a first strike means no warning. And that means that any pretence of International Diplomacy (which Britain used to be pretty good at) has been abandoned without even trying.

Beware of other nations who sell us the weapons, load the weapons, point them at other nations and drag us into phony wars and poke us to the front of the line and say "You first".
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited May 02, 2017, 20:38
May 02, 2017, 20:37
And under current US Foreign Policy an "aggressor" could be some country like say Libya or Syria who doesn't want to trade in the worthless Petrodollar. Or Iran, China or Russia who havent done any aggressive action against Britain or the USA but whose non-compliance with US Monetary Policy means they are an economic enemy? We just do what the US tells us to do and hit out first? Oh yeah... and what if the non-aggressor realises that Theresa is going to hit the button for a first strike (which will carry NO warning)? I suppose in all fairness that would allow the non-aggressor (who have fired nothing at this point) to fire a pre-emptive first strike (ie. before we fire ours). Might as well do it now and get it all over with eh?

This guff from Theresa May is a return to the days of Mutually Assured Destruction. This will mean a massive increase in spend on hidden silos, moving arms convoys, Armed Ships, advance position dirty bombs, new weapons submarines, continual upgrading of current nuclear weaponry, etc etc. This from a country which cannot afford to feed its people (this is really funny clip of Scotland's "rarer than a Giant Panda" only Westminster Tory opening a foodbank in Dumfries). He wants to expand provision for the poorest in our society.

https://youtu.be/qiblAeK4xao

This "European Led Austerity Package" Tory Party has already doubled the National Debt since 2010. That’s £1,000,000,000,000 of NEW debt. What we really need is a new arms race and expansion of Nuclear Provision.

The Tories will try to sell off the National Health Service to US Private Contractors and Companies in order to "get the debt down". However, it will never go down. It is unmanageable now. They will sell off and privatise simply to service the debt interest on borrowing we never got any benefit from while we suffered Austerity.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Edited May 02, 2017, 21:05
May 02, 2017, 21:04
Howburn Digger wrote:
This "European Led Austerity Package" Tory Party has already doubled the National Debt since 2010. That’s £1,000,000,000,000 of NEW debt. What we really need is a new arms race and expansion of Nuclear Provision.

The Tories will try to sell off the National Health Service to US Private Contractors and Companies in order to "get the debt down". However, it will never go down. It is unmanageable now. They will sell off and privatise simply to service the debt interest on borrowing we never got any benefit from while we suffered Austerity.

Yes, where has all that money gone? I seem to remember that they were going to be strong on the economy. Strong and stable, maybe.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index