U-Know! Forum »
Irony

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Irony
Mar 18, 2017, 13:40
Well, I can only see things from my own perspective.
If it came to a straight choice between England leaving Scotland and England leaving Europe I'd vote for leaving Scotland.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 18, 2017, 13:42
Entirely up to you, but don't be fooled by the rhetoric you are hearing right now, that's all.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2550 posts

Edited Mar 18, 2017, 13:56
Mar 18, 2017, 13:56
I also live here and totally agree with you. Makes me sad that people do not want improvement.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 18, 2017, 13:56
sanshee wrote:
Entirely up to you, but don't be fooled by the rhetoric you are hearing right now, that's all.

You mean rhetoric in Scotland? No, I know nowt about it. If you mean rhetoric in Westminster I'm clearly not fooled by the Brexit half of it! ;)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 18, 2017, 14:25
Ok fair enough, I'll expect you to keep silent over matters that do not involve Scotland then. Is that fair enough?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 18, 2017, 14:25
That's a big WE Do you claim to talk for all people in Scotland?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Mar 18, 2017, 23:00
Irish Times take:

"On Monday, when Nicola Sturgeon triggered multiple Westminster breakdowns by calling for a second independence referendum, Theresa May responded with icy contempt.

Such a vote would be “divisive and cause huge economic uncertainty at the worst possible time . . . Politics is not a game,” she pronounced.

This of course was uttered as she was triumphantly gearing up to trigger article 50 – the mechanism by which Britain will sever itself from the EU – the consequence of an entirely unnecessary vote that has split England straight down the middle, threatens to smash the UK into fragments, and has already inflicted untold uncertainty, hurt, bitterness and bafflement on its own citizens, not to mention the three million EU pawns working in the UK.

They are currently being sold down the river called “Not showing our hand”. And to what great purpose? To settle, not the destiny of one great state or union, but a proxy war between a bunch of Tory public schoolboys, bloated with imperial nostalgia."

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/kathy-sheridan-another-day-another-brexit-lie-exposed-1.3010095#.WMkba4qpPE5.facebook
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 19, 2017, 07:46
Says it all ...

https://twitter.com/champagne_lefty/status/843070379501535232
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 20, 2017, 17:23
nigelswift wrote:
Well, I can only see things from my own perspective.
If it came to a straight choice between England leaving Scotland and England leaving Europe I'd vote for leaving Scotland.

England to leave Scotland where exactly? Tesco's car park? England isn't in Scotland any more than Scotland is in England. Basic Geography here. England isn't some occupying army within Scotland which can up sticks and leave. The Treaty of Union was agreed on 22 July 1706 between two seperate states with seperate legislatures (we still operate under Scots Law North of the Wall). If England wants to gain its Independence and leave the Union, then the People of England would have to vote for that. They seem to have no appetite for it at all.

When and if the People of Scotland decide to leave the Union then that will be when Scotland resumes its independence as a nation state outside of "Great Britain" with its own fully functioning parliament and legislature. Scotland will still be exactly where it was before and so will England. Nobody is going anywhere.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 20, 2017, 18:21
Ziggy played guitar, Tam played the flute, and Sean played the victim card.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index