Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2554 posts

Re: Damn it.
Mar 19, 2017, 14:47
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

I think I know what HD is getting at, and I disagree with a lot of what he sometimes says, is that 56 out of 59 MPs represent the people who live in Scotland. May has no mandate up here. At Edinburgh the Scottish Green Party (my lot) and the SNP, parties who support independence NOT nationalism are the majority. Scottish Labour For Independence are also beginning to grow.

However Scotland has continually voted Labour in the past and that has done us no good at all. The Torylite just pander to the Westminster system. We didn't vote the Tories in up here but we look south and wonder what the hell the electorate is up to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results
There is a map in the above link that shows the shocking amount of blue south of the border. I personally voted for Ed Miliband in the last election as did many people I know so the map doesn't reflect proportional representation at all. I totally agree with you about the Tory majority and don't understand how they keep getting in. In my town (a fairly average place) they run the town council; as well as completely decimating the library service and trying to sell off the parks (so far unsuccessfully) they have set the highest Council Tax increase in the UK. Needless to say there are no local elections this year. Will the majority forget by next year I wonder. I won't.

Keep fighting Tjj and don't let the majority forget. We're on your side, certainly the people that agree with me are.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index