Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail in '72 - Hunter

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2017, 23:00
Re: Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail in '72 - Hunter
Feb 09, 2017, 23:00
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I respect your consistent efforts to engage in actual debate on these pages.

Fundamentally, I don't see Trump as being any worse than Bush/Obama, or what Hilary would have been. I think that's a big difference in our opinions. So to me, the worse that Trump can do is continue the same polices America has been under for the past four decades or so.

I assume that most people are able to tell the difference between words and actions. It doesn't matter if someone is saying that you have "dignity" if they are stomping on your face. Obama, Hilary, and the whole disgraceful pro-imperialist "left" cloak their crimes in a "humanitarian" guise. But nice words can't hide what their actions have revealed: these people are killers. Trump is just crude in his words. He hasn't been in office long enough for us to be able to tell what his actions will be. Picking an unknown (Trump) is a better choice than supporting a known psychopath (Hillary). Sanders was completely wrong and immoral in not splitting the vote.

The corporate-controlled media insists that Trump and his administration are filled with "fascists" but I don't see it. Can you provide some concrete examples? In any case, promoting American nationalism is not the same as fascism, providing one doesn't use such "exceptionalist" rhetoric to justify invading another country. The only thing close to fascism that I do see in America is the shrill practice of the so-called "left" to silence dissenting voices with their catch-all phrases of "political correctness" and "fake news."

Finally, those who hate the West enough to commit terrorist actions against it already have plenty of reasons to do so. I doubt that the current American immigration delay is going to be the deciding factor in setting anyone off.

U-Know! Forum Index