Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail in '72 - Hunter
Feb 10, 2017, 15:39
phallus dei wrote:

The main issue I want to address in your comment, though, is that I'm not at all convinced that Obama was somehow better than Bush. The crimes he (and other Western leaders) committed against Libya and Syria truly rank as crimes against humanity. Those countries have been absolutely destroyed, and under false pretenses. I encourage you to do research into this if you haven't already. What you will find is sickening. When you add to this all the other coups that America planned out during Obama's reign (Honduras,Ukraine, destabilization in Venezuela,etc), Obama's character becomes abundantly clear. Personally, I'd rate Obama as worse than Bush, simply because with Bush you knew you were getting an asshole.

Trump during his campaign spoke frequently about how America ruined Libya, Syria, and Iraq. He talked about working with Putin instead of continuing our ridiculous Cold War 2.0. Those are great comments in my view. Certainly much better than anything Hilary was saying.

@phallus dei - beautifully and eloquently put. I would have written about ten pages to say that.

This is a very short clip of Senator Black getting to grips with what Amerika has been doing in Syria. If the US nation understood this... well Hillary.... "if this isn't treason, then I do not know the definition of the word treason". But instead Millions watch Lady Gaga shout out against "body image haters" (whatever that is...) and drool over her Twitter feed while US Proxy armies rain Hell on the innocent.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ef_1486674724

In writing about the slaughter of the innocents at the Al Zahra Massacre, Hunter S Thompson woulda been writing the kind of journalese that fizzes, spits and gargles blood. And talking much more forcefully than Senator Black (who speaks very well). We need another HST for these times.
phallus dei
583 posts

Feb 10, 2017, 22:03
Thanks for posting the eye-opening video about US-supported atrocities in Syria. Along with Richard Black, another member of the US government speaking out on Syria is Tulsi Gabbard (she seems to be the only Democrat with a conscious nowadays). Perhaps there are a few others. Slowly, the narrative is starting to change. But will the people responsible for these crimes ever be held accountable?

Another good source on Syria, which I recently read, was an interview with a Christian monk, who reminded his audience that not too long ago Syria was a vibrant, multicultural (and secular) society.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/february/04/the-media-coverage-on-syria-is-the-biggest-media-lie-of-our-time-interview-with-flemish-priest-in-syria/

And let's not forget that Libya once had the highest standard of living in all of Africa.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Feb 11, 2017, 10:29
phallus dei wrote:
And let's not forget that Libya once had the highest standard of living in all of Africa.

That was the problem.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index