25 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jan 28, 2017, 17:11
Re: Week 1 in the White House
Jan 28, 2017, 17:10
[/quote]

Obamacare has been an ENORMOUS boon to America's 99%, I can name over a dozen families that would have been uninsured without it. A perplexing number of its opponents are actually on it, under the official name "ACA" without realizing it. ACA is still fucked up, but far superior to the previous scenario which left the most vulnerable citizens essentially without any kind of healthcare unless they were interested in literal bankruptcy as a pricepoint.

[/quote]

Considering the amount of people deeply opposed to "Obamacare," it's clearly a stretch to call it an "ENORMOUS boon to America's 99%." My own experience with it (as someone who fluctuates between middle-class and lower middle class) has been quite cumbersome. It mostly strikes me as yet another way to milk the system, wasting my time and money on unnecessary tests, regulating which doctors I see (and in what order I see them), and charging higher & higher premiums. A lot of people who support Obamacare are actually people who get their insurance through their jobs, and thus don't have to deal with the system's many hassles. They also wrongly assume that Obamacare offers the same quality of insurance as what they get. Certainly, Obamacare has benefited some people in need, but not 99% of the American population. Hopefully, Trump's administration will come up with a healthcare system that works for the majority of Americans.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index