Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2017, 22:14
Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 27, 2017, 22:06
Sin Agog wrote:
Hint: It only hits home.

Hope you're doing well, Markoid!

Guess I should say something on topic. Just remembered a conversation I had with some French friends about how Polanski is only just barely tolerated over there. That would explain why he ultimately turned down the position mentioned in the original post. I kind of wonder whether coming home to witness a hellish household containing his slaughtered wife and baby was, in some way, punishment enough, when you couple that with living a life where half the people who come in contact you hate your guts. I guess it's not for me to say. I remember watching a VH1 groupie documentary which was put together like the puffiest, fluffiest thing I've ever seen, despite the fact that some of the proud groupies interviewed in it were twelve at the time they hooked up with Bowie and the like. They seemed to have no life post-growing up and parting ways to speak of, save for the few trinkets and memories remaining from their brief couplings with these Limey sleazebags. Let me dig it up, as it was quite a fucked up watch. Think this is the one: Let's Spend the Night Together.

Conversely, talking to some women who were young teens in the '60s and early '70s, a lot of them say that there's some sort of perverse parochial thing at play when older men act as if all teen girls are doe-eyed children too innocent to know what they really want. Doesn't excuse anything, but it was interesting to hear that viewpoint from a quarter I wouldn't expect it from. 'course that's not got nought to do with drugging and going Cosby on a young teen girl as Polanski supposedly did.

I have much to say about duplicity. Why try and prosecute Polanski after all these years? I don't know about that many allegations. He did more for the film industry than any politician did for politics.

And the child abuse scandals in the UK amongst politicians have been swept under the carpet. Now that is fucking wrong.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index