Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 26, 2017, 23:46
Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 26, 2017, 23:44
It's actually made me afraid to post anything on here, to be honest. I weigh me getting to vent some steam scatting politics VS the negative effect it obviously has on a couple of cats here, and come to the conclusion it's not worth it. So I mostly keep it to myself. I can live with not making a post even though I've got the urge. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's held back on honestly voicing their opinions for fear of being told I'm cornering and bullying a minority in the inverse utopia of the Juliverse. It's no big deal or anything, but being replied to in a fairly calm and even-handed manner by someone on a different page to you shouldn't be equated with being bullied. The whole point of a forum is you say things then people reply. You can't just make people react to events the way you want them to. People are tricky like that. Anyway, ain't no thang. Pax vobiscum.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 23:53
Don't you and ole' popel flatter yourselves...i sure don't feel bullied..post away.
I'm too pragmatic to get upset by your constantly disagreeing with me or whomever...
I completely respect your right to insist that the world be perfect.
And seriously, good luck with that.
Dhajjie
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 27, 2017, 00:04
To be fair, you're not an easy one to debate with. You wrote a pretty vitriolic post to Markoid about his non sequiturs recently, and then came out with that weird nothing screed on Jesus up the thread in response to phallus's comments about Dresden. Plus you always could systematically rip an argument to shreds but don't feel like it just at the moment. Then there's the resorting to extremes like saying you're a blinkered toy-gun touting armchair Sandinista in saying the army or government should be more responsible. I'm not sure you have a whole lot to say, to be honest. Or maybe you could say something so substantial it'll make anyone else's posts on here read like the monosyllabic gushing of a pubescent Ed Sheeran fan, but you don't feel like it just at the moment.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 27, 2017, 00:13
Anywhooo.......
i do like the fact that you read everyone of my posts.
Dhajjie
phallus dei
583 posts

Jan 27, 2017, 02:06
Maybe we should all quit debating for a while, crack open a can (or two) of Guinness, and listen to Drunken Songs. Seriously. That album is reaffirming some of my hope in humanity. Sometimes for effect, and sometimes 'cause I'm pissed off with the state of the world, I'm more strident in my posts than need be. But I'm sure there's still more that unites us than divides us.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2017, 20:57
Jan 27, 2017, 20:57
Sin Agog wrote:
To be fair, you're not an easy one to debate with. You wrote a pretty vitriolic post to Markoid about his non sequiturs recently, and then came out with that weird nothing screed on Jesus up the thread in response to phallus's comments about Dresden. Plus you always could systematically rip an argument to shreds but don't feel like it just at the moment. Then there's the resorting to extremes like saying you're a blinkered toy-gun touting armchair Sandinista in saying the army or government should be more responsible. I'm not sure you have a whole lot to say, to be honest. Or maybe you could say something so substantial it'll make anyone else's posts on here read like the monosyllabic gushing of a pubescent Ed Sheeran fan, but you don't feel like it just at the moment.

Which one would that be Sin Agog? I'm scratching my head trying to remember. But don't quote - just give me a hint. Keeping all these quotes (as Dhaj does) to annoy another is juvenile. Possibly another post by myself written in Drunkenese, which is a very peculiar language indeed, which only a few can understand. I am actually a fan of vitriol, as you can pick so many holes in an angry arguer that it usually makes their argument redundant, open to ridicule, and hence essentially worthless.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 27, 2017, 21:32
Hint: It only hits home.

Hope you're doing well, Markoid!

Guess I should say something on topic. Just remembered a conversation I had with some French friends about how Polanski is only just barely tolerated over there. That would explain why he ultimately turned down the position mentioned in the original post. I kind of wonder whether coming home to witness a hellish household containing his slaughtered wife and baby was, in some way, punishment enough, when you couple that with living a life where half the people who come in contact you hate your guts. I guess it's not for me to say. I remember watching a VH1 groupie documentary which was put together like the puffiest, fluffiest thing I've ever seen, despite the fact that some of the proud groupies interviewed in it were twelve at the time they hooked up with Bowie and the like. They seemed to have no life post-growing up and parting ways to speak of, save for the few trinkets and memories remaining from their brief couplings with these Limey sleazebags. Let me dig it up, as it was quite a fucked up watch. Think this is the one: Let's Spend the Night Together.

Conversely, talking to some women who were young teens in the '60s and early '70s, a lot of them say that there's some sort of perverse parochial thing at play when older men act as if all teen girls are doe-eyed children too innocent to know what they really want. Doesn't excuse anything, but it was interesting to hear that viewpoint from a quarter I wouldn't expect it from. 'course that's not got nought to do with drugging and going Cosby on a young teen girl as Polanski supposedly did.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2017, 22:14
Jan 27, 2017, 22:06
Sin Agog wrote:
Hint: It only hits home.

Hope you're doing well, Markoid!

Guess I should say something on topic. Just remembered a conversation I had with some French friends about how Polanski is only just barely tolerated over there. That would explain why he ultimately turned down the position mentioned in the original post. I kind of wonder whether coming home to witness a hellish household containing his slaughtered wife and baby was, in some way, punishment enough, when you couple that with living a life where half the people who come in contact you hate your guts. I guess it's not for me to say. I remember watching a VH1 groupie documentary which was put together like the puffiest, fluffiest thing I've ever seen, despite the fact that some of the proud groupies interviewed in it were twelve at the time they hooked up with Bowie and the like. They seemed to have no life post-growing up and parting ways to speak of, save for the few trinkets and memories remaining from their brief couplings with these Limey sleazebags. Let me dig it up, as it was quite a fucked up watch. Think this is the one: Let's Spend the Night Together.

Conversely, talking to some women who were young teens in the '60s and early '70s, a lot of them say that there's some sort of perverse parochial thing at play when older men act as if all teen girls are doe-eyed children too innocent to know what they really want. Doesn't excuse anything, but it was interesting to hear that viewpoint from a quarter I wouldn't expect it from. 'course that's not got nought to do with drugging and going Cosby on a young teen girl as Polanski supposedly did.

I have much to say about duplicity. Why try and prosecute Polanski after all these years? I don't know about that many allegations. He did more for the film industry than any politician did for politics.

And the child abuse scandals in the UK amongst politicians have been swept under the carpet. Now that is fucking wrong.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index