https://youtu.be/gneBUA39mnI

Yay:)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jan 26, 2017, 19:38
Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 26, 2017, 16:42
Sin Agog wrote:
I'm just hoping his isolationist policies do translate to the rest of the world not being bothered with. If that's really what happens, then this thin-skinned child may even be better for the world than Obama. The American people may suffer, but at least people aren't being killed en masse. I'm sceptical as everyone I've seen involved with his campaign has a gormless, idiotic mien about them, and stupidity is more virulent and contagious than wit. I wonder how long such types will be able to hold back from attempting to infect other countries with their disease. We'll see.

Well, he's been in power for all of four days and already he wants to create safe zones in Syria - despite telling everyone he wouldn't- and is also puffing up his chest in preparation for an economic square-off with china, so it looks as if the quasi-isolationist stance that he trumpeted in order to get himself elected was all BS, just as I suspected.

I'm not aiming this comment at you specifically, but it appears to me that those who are saying "why don't we give him a chance - he might not be as bad as we thought" are burying their heads in the sand. There's no two ways about it - he's going to be an effing nightmare.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 20:31
Popel Vooje wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
I'm just hoping his isolationist policies do translate to the rest of the world not being bothered with. If that's really what happens, then this thin-skinned child may even be better for the world than Obama. The American people may suffer, but at least people aren't being killed en masse. I'm sceptical as everyone I've seen involved with his campaign has a gormless, idiotic mien about them, and stupidity is more virulent and contagious than wit. I wonder how long such types will be able to hold back from attempting to infect other countries with their disease. We'll see.

Well, he's been in power for all of four days and already he wants to create safe zones in Syria - despite telling everyone he wouldn't- and is also puffing up his chest in preparation for an economic square-off with china, so it looks as if the quasi-isolationist stance that he trumpeted in order to get himself elected was all BS, just as I suspected.

I'm not aiming this comment at you specifically, but it appears to me that those who are saying "why don't we give him a chance - he might not be as bad as we thought" are burying their heads in the sand. There's no two ways about it - he's going to be an effing nightmare.

I think those asking for giving him a chance might have a very different idea as to what would constitute a successful Presidency.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Jan 26, 2017, 20:59
edit
Jan 26, 2017, 20:57
edit: double post
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 20:57
This is why i will always consider myself a 'moderate'...
Honest discourse being such a rare commodity these days.
I don't think there is any "let's give him a chance" afoot here.
Not at all...
However, as much as it goes against my personal beliefs and politics, Donald Trump 'IS' now the president.
He 'did'win the election through due and uncontested process.
I'm not going to run around for the next 4 years ranting "the sky is falling", nor am i going to try and give everyone some false illusions about "bombing" the White House like Madonna did...and for the record, i think that was an inexcusable statement to make.
There is no getting around the fact that for at least the next 4 years, it's gonna be TRUMP time.
I still can't believe it myself, but i'm just gonna deal with it.
He ain't a king, he too is bound by immutable limitations.
Also....beyond a whole lot of lip service around 'these parts', i suspect no one is going to do shit about it beyond endless facile facebook postings...
I personally refuse to lower myself to the level that the Republican supporters descended to in stymying Barack Obama's presidency and by proxy, the USA.
I don't respect the man, i won't disrespect the office.
I know that if the worst thing that could happen to President Trump were to occur, it would almost certainly happen at the hand of an anarchist.
I don't support that at all.
Count your blessings, that thus far, Trump has said that the U.K. is first in line at the negotiating table.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 21:54
dhajjieboy wrote:
This is why i will always consider myself a 'moderate'...
Honest discourse being such a rare commodity these days.
I don't think there is any "let's give him a chance" afoot here.
Not at all...
However, as much as it goes against my personal beliefs and politics, Donald Trump 'IS' now the president.
He 'did'win the election through due and uncontested process.
I'm not going to run around for the next 4 years ranting "the sky is falling", nor am i going to try and give everyone some false illusions about "bombing" the White House like Madonna did...and for the record, i think that was an inexcusable statement to make.
There is no getting around the fact that for at least the next 4 years, it's gonna be TRUMP time.
I still can't believe it myself, but i'm just gonna deal with it.
He ain't a king, he too is bound by immutable limitations.
Also....beyond a whole lot of lip service around 'these parts', i suspect no one is going to do shit about it beyond endless facile facebook postings...
I personally refuse to lower myself to the level that the Republican supporters descended to in stymying Barack Obama's presidency and by proxy, the USA.
I don't respect the man, i won't disrespect the office.
I know that if the worst thing that could happen to President Trump were to occur, it would almost certainly happen at the hand of an anarchist.
I don't support that at all.
Count your blessings, that thus far, Trump has said that the U.K. is first in line at the negotiating table.

I think you put that over very well dhajjieboy but as usual you will be crucified. I expect to get a ear-bashing to for having the audacity to also have an opinion.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Jan 26, 2017, 22:09
Jan 26, 2017, 22:07
Meh...{shrugs shoulders..}
Whats the worst can happen?
I'll get called a 'junkie pussyboy' 10 thousand times...?
Oh wait...that's already happened.

Edit:
P.S.: i've been "crucified" so many times here that i have developed 'Stigmata'....
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 22:20
Yeah, I was thinking specifically of Sanctuary's post further up this thread.

"Personally I hope (like you all should) that he does a brilliant job and proves everyone wrong."

That comment, to me, assumes that we all have the same idea as to what a 'brilliant job' would be.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 26, 2017, 23:16
dhajjieboy wrote:
Meh...{shrugs shoulders..}
Whats the worst can happen?
I'll get called a 'junkie pussyboy' 10 thousand times...?
Oh wait...that's already happened.

Edit:
P.S.: i've been "crucified" so many times here that i have developed 'Stigmata'....

Hmm. Interesting that both you and Sanctuary equate someone disagreeing with you on a chat forum with being "given an ear-bashing" or "crucified". Martyr complex, much?
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index