Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 24, 2017, 08:45
Sanctuary wrote:

sanshee wrote:

The whole thing is symptomatic of why a knucklehead like Trump got voted in the first place.

Yep, he's such a knucklehead he could only become a billionaire - what a loser!

Not exactly what I meant, Sanctuary.
People are sick to the gut of 'high handedness'.
And we are carpet bombed with it from all angles.
That's partly why the Brexit vote came about.
Was it the right reaction?
Who knows.
But it's a reaction none the less.
And I for one 'get it'.
veneta1
223 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 09:04
thesweetcheat wrote:
No point arguing. It's all just self self self. Don't worry about anyone else, turn in from the world, isolationist mantra. I'm okay cos I've got my white male privilege to look after me. I'm done talking to Nazi, racists, sexists and homophobes.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm sick to death of listening to Trump's defenders and apologists who'd rather believe 'alternative' facts than see him for the vile excuse for a human being that he actually is. He campaigned on a platform of extreme bigotry, misogyny and xenophobia and we're now being asked to give him a chance and let's see what he does next. Too fucking late for that.

And Trump's supporters need to understand the concept of guilt by association. If you support someone who espouses racist, misogynistic and homophobic views, then, by association .................
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 09:52
veneta1 wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
No point arguing. It's all just self self self. Don't worry about anyone else, turn in from the world, isolationist mantra. I'm okay cos I've got my white male privilege to look after me. I'm done talking to Nazi, racists, sexists and homophobes.

I'm sick to death of listening to Trump's defenders and apologists who'd rather believe 'alternative' facts than see him for the vile excuse for a human being that he actually is. He campaigned on a platform of extreme bigotry, misogyny and xenophobia and we're now being asked to give him a chance and let's see what he does next. Too fucking late for that.

And Trump's supporters need to understand the concept of guilt by association. If you support someone who espouses racist, misogynistic and homophobic views, then, by association .................

Are you all brain-dead. Nowhere have I said I support what he is doing, just that he is doing what he said he would do so it should be no surprise to anyone. Please don't make up lies about me as you go along.

He said he is going to put America first which means he is going to stem the flow of money leaving the country amongst other things. Quite how he intends to go about that certainly won't be nice in certain areas for sure.
As I said before, I don't make things up, I just repeat what has been indicated will happen by President Trump himself not by Joe Bloggs in the street or the media. End of!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Edited Jan 24, 2017, 09:57
Jan 24, 2017, 09:55
Not sure about that Sanctuary.

My reading was that the aid budgets remain the same, its just something that they can't be used for? More of an ideological than a budgetary consideration therefore?

I'm genuinely interest in the American jobs first piece though, at first sight if it dissuades companies from exporting their labour to cheaper regimes its hard to argue against (from an american workers perspective at any rate)
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 10:22
It's almost comical how a thread about Roman Polanski being celebrated by European concerns has turned into an indictment of American institutions, Donald Trump, and once again....Sanctuary....
Par for the course Ladies and Gentlemen.
veneta1
223 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 10:32
Sanctuary wrote:
veneta1 wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Are you all brain-dead. Nowhere have I said I support what he is doing, just that he is doing what he said he would do so it should be no surprise to anyone. Please don't make up lies about me as you go along.

He said he is going to put America first which means he is going to stem the flow of money leaving the country amongst other things. Quite how he intends to go about that certainly won't be nice in certain areas for sure.
As I said before, I don't make things up, I just repeat what has been indicated will happen by President Trump himself not by Joe Bloggs in the street or the media. End of!

Nowhere did I make reference to you in my post. I referred in a general manner to all Trump defenders and apologists. No lies were made up about you because the post wasn't about you. If you choose to take this personally perhaps you are subject to the same level of narcissism, self absorption and having a very thin skin as Herr Trump himself.
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jan 24, 2017, 14:34
Jan 24, 2017, 14:30
veneta1 wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
veneta1 wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Nowhere did I make reference to you in my post. I referred in a general manner to all Trump defenders and apologists. No lies were made up about you because the post wasn't about you. If you choose to take this personally perhaps you are subject to the same level of narcissism, self absorption and having a very thin skin as Herr Trump himself.

Very disturbing comments. "Guilt by association" is the same shit that America used to justify firebombing Dresden, dropping two nukes on Japan, destroying Cambodia and Laos as collateral damage during the Vietnam War, using sanctions that starved hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in an attempt to oust Saddam Hussein... and the list sadly goes on & on. If I were to employ such "logic," I could justifiably condemn every Hilary and Obama supporter for being an imperialist maniac, due to the destruction of Libya and Syria, the coup in Honduras,endless NATO expansion, etc. But luckily, I see the stupidity of such an approach, and I save my hatred for the "leaders" responsible.

The refusal to debate with entire groups of people, the a priori dismissal of an argument without even taking time to consider the merits of that argument, is deeply troubling. As someone who still believes in democracy and the free exchange of ideas (call me naive), I would like to think that we, as a species, can still act in a civilized manner. To do otherwise will only benefit the a-holes in charge.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 15:00
Holy shit,
you have a vastly skewed sense of the facts.
I'll just start and leave off with the fact that Dresden was a joint military effort involving BRITAIN and the USA.
I could topple your whole post like cheap domino's....it's that one sided.
Why the fuck bother.......
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 15:50
Locodogz wrote:
Not sure about that Sanctuary.

My reading was that the aid budgets remain the same, its just something that they can't be used for? More of an ideological than a budgetary consideration therefore?

I'm genuinely interest in the American jobs first piece though, at first sight if it dissuades companies from exporting their labour to cheaper regimes its hard to argue against (from an american workers perspective at any rate)

Yes I fully understand that and appreciate the importance of regular work.
phallus dei
583 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 17:19
dhajjieboy wrote:
Holy shit,
you have a vastly skewed sense of the facts.
I'll just start and leave off with the fact that Dresden was a joint military effort involving BRITAIN and the USA.
I could topple your whole post like cheap domino's....it's that one sided.
Why the fuck bother.......

I said "guilt by association" was a rationale for the American firebombing of Dresden. You replied by pointing out that both Britain and America firebombed Dresden. That doesn't address the point of my argument - which was to highlight the fallacy of employing "guilt by association", nor does it disprove my statement that America firebombed Dresden. All you did was point out that America was helped by the UK in its attacks.

You then go on to claim that you can topple my whole post "like cheap dominoes" but provide no evidence.

Congratulations, you have brilliantly demonstrated the second part of my post, which was to criticize those who offer blanket condemnations of an argument without making any effort to understand/address that argument. We have seen way too much of this childish behavior lately, both here, and in Western society at large.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index