Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 23, 2017, 15:04
Sanctuary wrote:
Locodogz wrote:
"Become a billionaire"?!?

Isn't his net worth now marginally less than if he'd simply taken his inheritance and put into safe government bonds? Or is that fake news?!*

If so it's like congratulating the queen becoming wealthy....

*genuine question, just to clear, but I thought I heard that somewhere in all the election preamble

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#230788fa790b

Hi Sanctuary

Thanks for this but I think you 'misread' me. I'm not disputing that Trump is a billionaire but I though I heard somewhere in all the election rhetoric that if he'd simply 'banked' his inheritance he'd be richer today (said as a rebuttal of his claimed business acumen?). Couldn't see anything in the Forbes piece about this?
John Rice
John Rice
38 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 17:53
Locodogz wrote:
Hi Sanctuary

Thanks for this but I think you 'misread' me. I'm not disputing that Trump is a billionaire but I though I heard somewhere in all the election rhetoric that if he'd simply 'banked' his inheritance he'd be richer today (said as a rebuttal of his claimed business acumen?). Couldn't see anything in the Forbes piece about this?

hardly seems worth posting links any more. if people agree with something it's automatically true, no fact-checking required. if they disagree with it then it's "fake news" no matter what the source. but for whatever its worth:-

https://www.indy100.com/article/it-turns-out-donald-trump-would-actually-be-richer-now-if-hed-done-nothing-since-1974--b1lhFdzt_g
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 18:07
As we've already seen with his press officer openly lying about the inauguration attendance, I expect to see hundreds of examples this presidency of the White House saying any unbelievable malarkey they want, as far more people will be exposed to the lie than the refutation. That seems to be one of the guiding principles of modern politics right now.

As to Trump's wealth, I was reading an amusing article recently about the arrangements for the Trump roast* which stated that the one thing he deemed a no-go zone was: "any joke that suggests Trump is not actually as wealthy as he claims to be."

*http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-inside-story-of-donald-trumps-comedy-central-roast-is-everything-you-thought-it-would-be_us_57fbed42e4b0e655eab6c191
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 18:36
Locodogz wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Locodogz wrote:
"Become a billionaire"?!?

Isn't his net worth now marginally less than if he'd simply taken his inheritance and put into safe government bonds? Or is that fake news?!*

If so it's like congratulating the queen becoming wealthy....

*genuine question, just to clear, but I thought I heard that somewhere in all the election preamble

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#230788fa790b

Hi Sanctuary

Hi Locodogz

His wealth, or lack of it is neither here or there really I was just making a point that he isn't a stupid man. I just find it funny that all the media trash being dished out by his supporters or otherwise has got everyone going. This is Brexit all over again where the 'losers' are going into overdrive with hatred without even giving the guy the decency of a honeymoon period to show us how good a President he could actually be in time. The majority here are acting like a lynch mob. Personally I hope (like you all should) that he does a brilliant job and proves everyone wrong.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 20:56
His stated policies, on which he campaigned, are right wing, misogynist, homophobic and racist. Nothing to be celebrating there.

Today he signed an order preventing US funding for abortions in developing countries, which will almost certainly lead to more backstreet, unsafe abortions and endanger the health of thousands (probably tens of thosands) of affected women. Some honeymoon.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 21:22
thesweetcheat wrote:
His stated policies, on which he campaigned, are right wing, misogynist, homophobic and racist. Nothing to be celebrating there.

Today he signed an order preventing US funding for abortions in developing countries, which will almost certainly lead to more backstreet, unsafe abortions and endanger the health of thousands (probably tens of thosands) of affected women. Some honeymoon.

Did you not listen - He declared that America was coming first so someone else will have to carry the can for a change. He's doing exactly what he said nothing else. I agree it will endanger the health of 1000's but others will have to fund that now. Don't criticise him for doing what he said he would do. I don't make the rules I just read them correctly no matter how awful it all is.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 21:30
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Did you not listen - He declared that America was coming first so someone else will have to carry the can for a change. He's doing exactly what he said nothing else. I agree it will endanger the health of 1000's but others will have to fund that now. Don't criticise him for doing what he said he would do. I don't make the rules I just read them correctly no matter how awful it all is.

No point arguing. It's all just self self self. Don't worry about anyone else, turn in from the world, isolationist mantra. I'm okay cos I've got my white male privilege to look after me. I'm done talking to Nazi, racists, sexists and homophobes.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 23, 2017, 22:58
Sanctuary wrote:
This is Brexit all over again where the 'losers' are going into overdrive with hatred without even giving the guy the decency of a honeymoon period.

Except we were right and I now pay almost double the price for some groceries because some people who have no experience with other races wanted to keep it that way.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 07:03
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Brilliant, I'll make sure you make the top of the list when the concentration camp guard vacancy becomes available. You've already made the top of the dumbest statement on here ever list
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 24, 2017, 07:10
I think the thing about investing his $200 million has been disproved, it didn't take into consideration that Donald likes useless shiny things and has spent much of his ill gotten wealth on gold plating poodles and getting pissed on by Russian prostitutes. Also his inability to tell the truth about how much he is actually worth muddies the waters.
Whichever way you look at it though the mounting evidence is that he is a lying feeble minded vindictive idiot.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index