Re: GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Jan 21, 2017, 13:47
and the healthcare
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jan 21, 2017, 16:02
Jan 21, 2017, 16:01
During a presidential transition, various White House social media pages, etc are automatically put off-line so that they can be edited to reflect the viewpoints of the new administration. It's not a big deal.

https://fcw.com/articles/2016/08/24/social-transition-mazmanian.aspx?m=1

Also, Trump was the first Republican presidential nominee to ever publicly affirm LGBT rights, so there's no way he'll be scrapping that.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 17:21
phallus dei wrote:
During a presidential transition, various White House social media pages, etc are automatically put off-line so that they can be edited to reflect the viewpoints of the new administration. It's not a big deal.

https://fcw.com/articles/2016/08/24/social-transition-mazmanian.aspx?m=1

Also, Trump was the first Republican presidential nominee to ever publicly affirm LGBT rights, so there's no way he'll be scrapping that.

It would be nice to think that maybe all the critics and so-called experts could calm down and actually wait to see what really transpires. It is sort of customary to review and judge a new President after 100 days - not minutes!
carol27
747 posts

Edited Jan 21, 2017, 19:10
Jan 21, 2017, 17:56
The inaugural dance with the wifey was so touching wasn't it? Full of love & tender regard. Still I don't suppose we want those characteristics in the alpha male leader of the free west. Not to mention humility,tolerance & empathy. God forbid; those personality traits are a sign of weakness. As Devo sing, we are de- evolving.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 19:18
Sanctuary wrote:
It would be nice to think that maybe all the critics and so-called experts could calm down and actually wait to see what really transpires. It is sort of customary to review and judge a new President after 100 days - not minutes!

He's not come from nowhere though. We can get a pretty good idea about him by what he's said during the campaign, as well as in other less official recordings. Hopefully all the news channels tonight will be full of the brilliant marches that have been going on across the globe today, to remind him and others of the need for equality.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 20:07
Yeah...he does come with an immense amount of prejudicial baggage.
Goes back a long way too.
Still...out of respect for the office, if not the man, i'll wait and see what transpires for a while too.
It's a Titan's task to undertake for anyone.
carol27
747 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 21:22
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

He's not come from nowhere though. We can get a pretty good idea about him by what he's said during the campaign, as well as in other less official recordings. Hopefully all the news channels tonight will be full of the brilliant marches that have been going on across the globe today, to remind him and others of the need for equality.

I've just caught up with these marches today ( was working earlier). Sometimes I feel ashamed at my lack of activism; sometimes I feel I cant afford the time off work; sometimes I think " what's the point" & other times I think go look at some stones..but these women shouting gives me hope.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jan 21, 2017, 22:08
dhajjieboy wrote:
Yeah...he does come with an immense amount of prejudicial baggage.
Goes back a long way too.

Yep, plenty to judge him by: attitude to women, to climate change, to Muslims, to Mexicans. Supported and endorsed by the KKK. And his Vice is a homophobic bigot.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Edited Jan 22, 2017, 10:19
Oceania was at war with Eastasia: Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia
Jan 22, 2017, 09:55
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/22/trump-inauguration-crowd-sean-spicers-claims-versus-the-evidence

The ministry of truth are getting on with business already. Doesn't bode well considering numbers at the inauguration is a fairly trivial matter really.

oh and by the way, God stopped it raining (for a bit) - don't know how seriously we're supposed to take that, but there was a lot of GOD in that inauguration, so maybe entirely seriously.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Re: Oceania was at war with Eastasia: Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia
Jan 22, 2017, 11:45
Love the title of your post. Doubleplus good!
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index