Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Russell Brand Talks Sense! Obama Vs Trump - Is Personality More Important Than Principle?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2017, 18:34
Russell Brand Talks Sense! Obama Vs Trump - Is Personality More Important Than Principle?
Jan 20, 2017, 12:28
I mean, who cares? It's not as if important people (like us) are listened to anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8gXiy1z7mM
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Russell Brand Talks Sense! Obama Vs Trump - Is Personality More Important Than Principle?
Jan 20, 2017, 14:23
Russell Brand....
at best a malcontent, at worst an abysmal misogynist.
I mean sure, have at it with the finger pointing, but whats the viable alternatives/solutions?
You won't find or get the big solutions from Russell.
Even Noam Chomskey chokes on where the hell to go or what to do with a seething mass of completely{and hopelessly} faction-ed humanity @ the 7-8 billion populace figure....
7-8 Billion self-centered extinction machines, that left to their own devices would gleefully live out the pages of 'Lord of the flies'.
It is totally necessary that some governing entity try and keep the world we all share from tanking into total chaos.
It's not possible to shoulder this Herculean task without breaking some eggs or running afoul of some delicate sensibilities.
The real{and i dare say..'ultimate'...} solution to the big problems we all face is in reduction.
It's the lowest common denominator to every issue.
There is not a single leader or savoir machine anywhere near in sight, or the future, with the answers that truly need addressing.
And thus...we are left with an ever changing succession of stumbling child kings that can only hope to maintain the current equilibrium that we all currently enjoy...or not....whilst desperately hoping not to rock the boat too much.
Mean time though, i'll be keeping appraised of things as they are from slightly higher forms of life than one Mr. Brand.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Re: Russell Brand Talks Sense! Obama Vs Trump - Is Personality More Important Than Principle?
Jan 20, 2017, 15:04
He still talks sense though. Possibly maligned these days. Any other answers?
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Jan 20, 2017, 16:52
He's parked his ego these days, but yes still has a way to go to get properly accepted as a viable pundit.

His message, which I also plonked a link to over on the Pump, was one of the better appraisals of the situation I've seen this week.

And, to be honest... I've not been looking very hard.

In fact, I'm getting pretty flippin' bored of it all and trying to avoid it, generally.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 20, 2017, 18:32
Totally agree, he's basically an unprincipled tax dodging opportunist twat! He's not actually done any thing of what he's taking credit for achieving, much of the work he takes credit for was done by groups such as Uncut all he did was jump on a bandwagon after he fucked up he tv career!
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 24, 2017, 23:15
Jan 20, 2017, 19:06
Captain Starlet wrote:
Totally agree, he's basically an unprincipled tax dodging opportunist twat! He's not actually done any thing of what he's taking credit for achieving, much of the work he takes credit for was done by groups such as Uncut all he did was jump on a bandwagon after he fucked up he tv career!

Deleted. A bit off topic!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 20, 2017, 20:35
Brand was running a property scam and film scam, pocketing the cash
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2017, 22:04
Jan 20, 2017, 22:02
Captain Starlet wrote:
Brand was running a property scam and film scam, pocketing the cash

Possibly. He had to make some money at some point, He isn't now. He's a good writer and speaker though. His gigs are small these days, and they only cost £10 in the poorer parts.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jan 20, 2017, 22:02
As someone who almost knows enough about the dewd to write a Fall of the Roman Empire-sized bio on him, I can tell you that he's genuinely not a bad guy. Most of this noise is echoes of Sun and Daily Mail attacks and hair-envy.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 20, 2017, 22:21
Jan 20, 2017, 22:20
Sin Agog wrote:
As someone who almost knows enough about the dewd to write a Fall of the Roman Empire-sized bio on him, I can tell you that he's genuinely not a bad guy. Most of this noise is echoes of Sun and Daily Mail attacks and hair-envy.

Thank you. He's really genuine now. His ego is still there because he is still funny. He likes talking to small audiencies now, like 200 or something, and for a comic, having that kind of genuine contact is the way forward. He must of fell out with LST, but they are pretty good too!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index