Election Day.........

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Election Day.........
Nov 10, 2016, 18:56
It sounds trite, but I honestly think if voting was more like Amazon One-Click it'd activate an entire generation of voters.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 19:19
It's something I have been thinking about, and yes you're right, but I do find it really annoying when people are complaining about something but couldn't be bothered to vote or do anything about changing their situation. Maybe if there was a none of the above option people might be more inclined? Or online voting perhaps?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 19:21
Sin Agog wrote:
It sounds trite, but I honestly think if voting was more like Amazon One-Click it'd activate an entire generation of voters.

That woudn't make any difference. End up buying more stuff you don't really need?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 19:37
Markoid wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:

That woudn't make any difference. End up buying more stuff you don't really need?

Sho' it would. These kids do everything else on the internet. Why not vote?

(And just a swimming cap as I'm really getting into cold-water sea swimming).

Also, if this really was the swan song of centrism as some are saying, that should go some way towards inspiring non-voters as well.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2016, 20:04
Nov 10, 2016, 19:59
Sin Agog wrote:
Markoid wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:

Sho' it would. These kids do everything else on the internet. Why not vote?

(And just a swimming cap as I'm really getting into cold-water sea swimming).

Also, if this really was the swan song of centrism as some are saying, that should go some way towards inspiring non-voters as well.

Apart from wah pedals and politics, sonic bliss is crucially important to my life.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 22:34
I heard on the radio that also six plants are allowed. I don't think it matters if they are grown from the seeds of a weed by the road in Nepal, an organic family farm in Northern California or a high strength genetically modified Monsanto product.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 11, 2016, 09:42
Nov 11, 2016, 09:05
Seems 53% of women voted for Trump.
Or rather, voted against Clinton.
Something tells me most women can't identify with the aspirations of the 'glass ceiling', it's so distant and irrelevant to them to the point it becomes off putting, even patronising.
There are millions of women struggling with the basic grind of being doomed to make the same mistakes of their mothers and their mothers mothers.
I see them round here, too many kids, too many bad relationships, dysfunctional upbringings.
A feeling of real helplessness, so Clinton goes and rubs mega rich Beyoncé and Katie Perry in their faces, coz it's all 'sisterhood'.
Albright, telling women they got a special place in hell if they don't help Hillary, even though Hillary wasn't really saying much to help them, and Hillary cheered.
Am I over simplifying?
Maybe.
But Christ these things do need a bit more attention.
There does exist a 'disenfranchised' and there does exist a 'liberal elite' and no one seems keen to press the 'discuss' button.
As it is, I can't see Trump lasting the distance.
Seems he was on Twitter last night to condemn the protests.
That's not for him to do, before he gets the gig for real already proving he'll have the attention span of a goldfish.
All the work that's to be done will be done around him and more than likely on his behalf.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 11, 2016, 10:13
I've been strangely haunted by Trump choosing to pilfer the Stones' You Can't Always Get You Want for the music played straight after his acceptance speech. It completely belied the bromides about unity and Hilary's hard-fought campaign uttered just before it. You can only really interpret it as a puckish middle-finger to the world, really.
5-Track
5-Track
193 posts

Nov 11, 2016, 18:02
Sin Agog wrote:
Seems a bit nefarious. The Hard Right has barged and insulted their way into power, then permanently mollified their opposition by allowing them to while away the rest of their irrelevant lives in an indica fug.

Doin their best to keep the masses opiated.
5-Track
5-Track
193 posts

Nov 11, 2016, 18:09
Stevo wrote:
laresident wrote:
well the sun's shining and weed is now legal.

Somebody was saying on facebook that the wording of the legalise cannabis in California legislatyion would put it in the hands of Monsanto and some other similarly questionable types.

So hope that isn't a further negative.

It was inevitable. Buy organic, in weed as in all things. Or grow your own, legally or otherwise.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index