Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
5-Track
5-Track
193 posts

Re: Election Day.........
Nov 09, 2016, 23:51
laresident wrote:
Bernie was Democrats only hope to appeal to the beaten up US workers.

I hope Trump is the type that will say anything to get elected but becomes surprisingly pragmatic when he has to run the country.

As for California, well the sun's shining and weed is now legal.

Ditto in Seattle. Well, it's been legal, but the sun is very warm today. Off to the porch to toke one.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 00:11
Seems a bit nefarious. The Hard Right has barged and insulted their way into power, then permanently mollified their opposition by allowing them to while away the rest of their irrelevant lives in an indica fug.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2016, 00:25
Nov 10, 2016, 00:24
laresident wrote:
Bernie was Democrats only hope to appeal to the beaten up US workers.

I hope Trump is the type that will say anything to get elected but becomes surprisingly pragmatic when he has to run the country.

As for California, well the sun's shining and weed is now legal.

Enjoy your weed, but is there an opposition to Trump waiting in the wings? Not sure if Sanders will get another go.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 04:07
At this point opposition or protest only gives the impression of a bad loser. Some nation bonding with a spliff is perfectly in order, maybe yielding insight how not to let it go off on one next time.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2016, 05:02
Nov 10, 2016, 04:53
laresident wrote:
At this point opposition or protest only gives the impression of a bad loser. Some nation bonding with a spliff is perfectly in order, maybe yielding insight how not to let it go off on one next time.

Protests are good. Changes the atmosphere.

Anyway,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9CF0qEGq8
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 08:51
Yeah, it's because of this addled shite about everything in life being about winners and losers that Trump's here to begin with. Dude got fed the "be the best or be nothing" line since birth, so naturally he pursued it as far as he possibly could. Now time to pick up the mantle as The Golf President from where pre-11/9 Bush left off.

I'm psyched that there are people with more enthusiasm and hope for the material world than me still getting it together to protest at all. It's always been a legit form of expression, so protest away.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 09:34
It still amazes me how few eligible people actually bother voting.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 12:50
I know! I did say on fb after the eu vote that maybe voting should be mandatory to try and get people involved.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Nov 10, 2016, 14:58
laresident wrote:
well the sun's shining and weed is now legal.

Somebody was saying on facebook that the wording of the legalise cannabis in California legislatyion would put it in the hands of Monsanto and some other similarly questionable types.

So hope that isn't a further negative.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2016, 16:40
Nov 10, 2016, 16:30
Captain Starlet wrote:
I know! I did say on fb after the eu vote that maybe voting should be mandatory to try and get people involved.

I don't think voting should be mandatory. A person has a democratic right to say nothing if they want to. Of course, one could argue that saying nothing is saying something about the Status Quo, and then go around in circles forever! People would end up voting for the sake of it, rather than what they believe in.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index