Presidential Debate. Part 3

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 23, 2016, 22:55
Presidential Debate. Part 3
Oct 20, 2016, 14:15
I think Clinton won this debate on many levels.
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Presidential Debate. Part 3
Oct 21, 2016, 14:07
Hillary Clinton is a detestable person who's well on track to be America's Thatcher. Although unlike Thatcher she's also managed to delude the "left" into following her.
Trump is a buffoon but given the incredibly corrupt and money-driven nature of American politics, the only way you can ever have a real threat to the establishment is to be independently wealthy and just not give a fuck, which pretty much necessitates said candidate being a douche.
The only other way to threaten the establishment would be for a huge mass movement to begin an independent, well-planned, and long-term effort to force the government to make serious changes (or overthrow it). But since the left has largely abandoned the Leninist concept of a vanguard party for decentralized, spontaneous uprisings that go nowhere, I don't see that happening.
One thing this election has really made clear is just how controlled and Orwellian the media has become. Of course it was controlled before, but never quite so obvious. The past few days CBS and CNN have both conveniently "lost" their satellite feed just as people were bringing up the latest Wikileaks revelations.
We are living in very dangerous times,and I have the feeling it is about to get much worse.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Oct 21, 2016, 14:21
And Julian Assange/Wikileaks isn't just another form of 'Big Brother'....?
Or Apple for that matter?
I'll take Hillary.
phallus dei
583 posts

Oct 21, 2016, 16:24
dhajjieboy wrote:
And Julian Assange/Wikileaks isn't just another form of 'Big Brother'....?
Or Apple for that matter?
I'll take Hillary.

Not sure where Apple came from, though I'd agree with you that it is a terrible company which should be broken up immediately.
As for Wikileaks, it's clearly nowhere close to "Big Brother." It's exposing the crimes of the elites instead of spying on the common people, and it's expanding the scope of debate instead of restricting "debate" to government-approved topics.
If Assange was a typical journalistic shill regurgitating the talking points of the 1%, he'd probably have won a Pulitzer by now. Instead, he's confined to an embassy, fearing for his life.
U-Know! Forum Index