Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Oct 12, 2016, 20:54
Re: that woman
Oct 12, 2016, 20:50
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/sturgeon-warns-europeans-could-lose-right-to-stay-1-3475453

“There are 160,000 EU nationals from other states living in Scotland, including some in the Commonwealth Games city of Glasgow.

“If Scotland was outside ­Europe, they would lose the right to stay here.”

I sort of get Mhari Black's idealism, but she needs to channel it better.

She is hanging out with snakes.

EDIT:

And this

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/angus-mearns/221851/german-woman-alarmed-brexit-letter/

**An Angus woman was “alarmed” by a letter saying she is welcome to stay in post-Brexit Scotland – after living here for 47 years.

Helga and Michael Hunter settled in Scotland in the early 1970s – two decades before the EU was formed – and met in the former West Germany when Michael was stationed with the Scots Guards.

They have lived in Arbroath for more than 20 years and Helga was stunned to receive a letter through the door from the SNP, warning: “While there will be no immediate changes in your circumstances I appreciate there remains great uncertainty over how events will unfold**

Seems the SNP have a 'list' of their own.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Oct 14, 2016, 11:47
http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/which-eu-law-are-you-looking-forward-to-losing/

This one
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Oct 14, 2016, 11:48
http://newsthump.com/2016/07/22/brexiter-annoyed-by-people-pointing-out-that-thing-they-were-told-would-happen-is-happening/

Been done!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Article 50
Oct 14, 2016, 12:15
He did say it, but I think he, along with everyone else wasn't expecting this complete farce to happen. To implement a referendum without any idea of what to do about it afterwards is a complete disgrace!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Oct 15, 2016, 09:58
There was a decisive vote. The phoney, fiat currency, battering ram was dumped. And with it went EU "austerity".

"Austerity" is a EU banker invented thing. All about ram-raiding a country's assetts. Blaming a population for the shitstorm that fiat currency banking has done to each country's economy. As the bad debt is passed around like a shabby, shameful game of pass-the-steaming-turd-parcel, good old UK population decided they didn't want brown hands any more. We didn't sign up for this smell to backwaft on our collective nostrils.

Some idiots think leaving is about "hating the French" or "Zenophobia". Iceland jailed their banker fraudsters, renationalised their banks and a few years later all is fine. We subsidised their fraud, made pensioners and The Poor pay for it and the bankers refuse to learn anything (because fraud is their game). The people refused to bow to the line that parliament took to continue the farce.

Article 50 tomorrow please. The ram-raids will continue until we tell them we are not playing any more.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Oct 15, 2016, 15:36
Austerity in this country isn't really anything to do with the EU though, it's a direct result of the neoliberal ideology embraced wholeheartedly by the Tories, especially those of the Osborne ilk and vocally supported by rampant Murdoch (pro-Leave) press. Reducing the size of the state and the support it provides was Thatcher's game. There's no such thing as society, etc.

Voting to leave the EU is likely to result in more austerity for the UK, not less (although the colour of Hammond's economic policy isn't clear yet). I don't think the NHS will be seeing the promised £350 million any time soon.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 03, 2016, 12:00
Great news for common sense from the High Court today. I'll be amazed/dismayed if the appeal is by any chance successful. I guess it's a wait and see moment now for the next few weeks but as the pound rose sharply today following the High Court ruling the Supreme Court will be hard pressed to approve any appeal based on the evidence that 'brexit' would be anything good for this country.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 03, 2016, 17:22
Nov 03, 2016, 16:15
After the monotone, monocultural, get-over-it-PC-scum narrative pedaled by a squadron of barely disguised racist establishment figures for the last four months there is only one thing that adequately sums up my feelings this morning ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 04, 2016, 14:21
It's reckoned almost 3/4 of constituencies voted 'leave'.
Will MPs really ignore that?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 04, 2016, 15:49
Yup. I know my MP will as it's not his job to sit there and do as he's told, it's his job to act in our best interests. If they just sit there and do as they're told then it makes the whole parliamentary process utterly pointless.

Then again, there's been a few times I've thought it was
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index