Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: FFS
Aug 19, 2016, 11:13
nigelswift wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
because of idiots not understanding what the vote was about!

How politically incorrect and factually true. One of the poorest and most EU funding dependent regions, Wales, had one of the highest Brexit votes. I just don't believe Westminster will see Wales OK, other than designating it the Welsh Powerhouse.

Did you see the article in the Evening Standard the day after? People were actually saying they didn't understand it, they didn't think their vote would count, didn't do any research into it, just heard a few soundbites and thought we'd be better out! Sorry, maybe not politically correct but considering their stupidity cost me my job they're idiots!

I was, and still am, shocked by Wales's choice. I live in Wales and we get a huge amount of funding from the EU. In fact I really don't know how we're going to survive out of it as Wales has only existed in it's devolved state while we've been a part of the EU, so a huge problem here. One of the things I'm looking into at the moment is promoting tidal lagoons instead of the insane Hinkley C plan. Tidal lagoons will help boost local economies with construction, service industries, wildlife etc
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index