FFS
Jul 22, 2016, 16:28
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36864273
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Re: FFS
Jul 22, 2016, 18:46
Letter in today's Metro - "stop the whinging and hand-wringing, it will be a roaring success".

So there, Mr Thicky Naysayer.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 22, 2016, 18:51
Sorry. Must be a pack of lies concocted by Corbyn.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Jul 22, 2016, 19:53
Yes. Goddamn Commie.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Jul 22, 2016, 20:02
Front page of the express today (I saw it at the garage) - EU exit boosts house prices. I do love the express.

Check out table 2 of this report by the LSE
http://www.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/research/pdf/JeremyCorbyn/Cobyn-Report-FINAL.pdf
It says that in the express, 0% of the reporting about JC reported his views unaltered.

the rest of the papers aren't much better which is sad
woolybacque
woolybacque
42 posts

Edited Jul 23, 2016, 15:33
Jul 23, 2016, 15:32
And in summary, the LSE analysis found that he was represented unfairly by the British press through a process of vilification that went well beyond the normal limits of fair debate and disagreement in a democracy. They argue that he is systematically treated with scorn and ridicule in both the broadsheet and the tabloid press, in a way no other political leader is or has been. They conclude that this vilification is unhealthy from a democratic point of view, and poses serious ethical questions as to the role of the media in a democracy.
In other words, he has to be doing something right!
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Jul 23, 2016, 18:08
And on telly...watch, if you can handle it, Gavin Esler's regular talkingheadathons on BeebNews24. Those that get invited on, almost without exception, seem to have one mindset. Ditto Newsnight (effing Ian Katz). Those that do the inviting do not have my respect..and, by the by, it's our money. Then there's Russell Howard etc ..... It's Vladimir Corbin. Any opportunity to put the boot in. And if there's no opportunity then hey, lets make something up. Anything to perpetuate the slant, and not necessarily in the most obvious manner. For example, the Beeb showing him leaving his house a while back ducking under a standard rose that had lost its tie ('somehow?')... I noticed they'd reused that clip a g a i n the other day. It's relentless.
woolybacque
woolybacque
42 posts

Jul 23, 2016, 19:16
I just read a Grauniad Decca Aitkenhead interview with Len McClusky where she sets the agenda of the interview with "The night before I meet Len McCluskey, I hear a theory" - she doesn't say where/who from, that Corbyn's massive support within the party is due to the fact that as long as Corbyn is unelectable, then he is answerable only to those supporters, who can control him; whereas if gets elected, he'll be answerable to the electorate and parliament and so therefore his supporters in the Labour party (such as McClusky) will only support him so long as he's a loser! Relentless and desperately, ridiculously nuts.
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

"Stop this now"
Jul 24, 2016, 11:27
John McDonnell on the Marr show gave a comprehensive account of this 'entering office and intimidating' story by a former shadow cabinet member that was heartfelt and I am in no doubt true. That the BBC in headline news subsequently should then chose to selectively report and use one clip of this, the 'stop this now' part, and neglect to mention in even the scantest detail the 'Corbyn' side of the story of events a month ago that have only now, for some reason, been brought to the fore is shameful and biased reportage. Yes, McDonnell's fearful statement that there is a risk of the party splitting may have substance. This event is being brought nearer by 'our' state broadcaster. F**k knows Sky News etc's slant... I think I can guess. Cui bono?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: "Stop this now"
Jul 24, 2016, 11:57
The stupidity of the 'entering office' thing was that the MP had already resigned and shouldn't have been in the office in the first place.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index