Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Of COURSE we should be asked.
Jul 14, 2016, 17:04
Rhiannon wrote:

Ok. Just one more.

It would be the first (informed) one I guess.
I reckon whether the referendum result proves wise or foolish historians are going to look back and say a mature democracy went mad and laid a blind bet.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Jul 14, 2016, 17:14
Re: Owen Who?
Jul 14, 2016, 17:13
Bit on him here and a few opinions on what people think of him

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-07-13/owen-smith-to-announce-labour-leadership-challenge/\

EDIT: He declares on his twitter page that he WILL be the next labour Prime Minister! He's not even got nominations yet, nor support from his CLP (apart from the 4 people who tolerate him)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: The Future of the Labour Party
Jul 14, 2016, 18:02
At the unite conference. this afternoon they voted to support mandatory reselection of all MP's if Corbyn wins. The NEC however have decided that affiliated members of a union now ha to have been a member for 6 months, so some would be paying over £50 to have a vote.

The way the NEC are behaving in undermining the very principles of democracy and what the Labour party are meant to uphold I don't even think there's going to be a future for the Labour Party!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jul 14, 2016, 22:56
Imagine the meetings:

Murdoch: Right, we're going to get Farage, Johnson and Gove to fuck up the country and then stab Johnson and then we're going to a load of backstabbing and division in the Tory party, but we don't really want it to be portrayed like that, we'd rather it was over quickly. What we need is a diversion.

Blair: I've got this report thing coming out soon, that's going to make me look like a Bad Man, but I want it to be brushed over quickly. What I need is a diversion.

Murdoch, Blair, the Tory Party: We need a group of ambitious, power-hungry but essentially stupid people to do something ridiculously idiotic in the full glare of the media and press, and we need to drag it out long enough to cover up all the other shit that's going on that we've caused. Oh, and we need to get rid of that Corbyn, he's looking like a threat. Anyone got Hilary Benn's phone number?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 14, 2016, 23:29
Brighton Hove LP had a meeting a few days ago, voted to support Corbyn and today NEC have suspended the whole branch of 6000!
spencer
spencer
3069 posts

Jul 15, 2016, 01:31
I don't know who's on the NEC, how they get on it, or how long they can 'serve', but that stinks
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Michael Foster
Jul 15, 2016, 08:10
Captain Starlet wrote:
Yeah read about him earlier, it's people like him that put people off politics! He needs to learn that just because he donates money it doesn't give him any privileges as far as party rules go!

If he doesn't like the party he can stop donating money, which he's probably using as a tax dodge anyway!

This seems v sensible -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/13/billionaires-bought-brexit-controlling-britains-political-system
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2016, 09:01
Jul 15, 2016, 09:01
I just had to vote on that, luckily there's some new candidates and it looks like everyone's voting for them instead.

They get put forward by CLP I believe
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Jul 15, 2016, 09:30
what? that's just craziness. I can't wait for their reasoning. It seems as petulant as hell. I expect it'll be some excuse about the way the voting took place, I know there are very strict rules when we have votes in the union.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2016, 09:56
Jul 15, 2016, 09:55
They held a meeting after being told by the NEC not to, they had a vote last week to support Corbyn but the vote's been annulled and the branch suspended

EDIT: Other branches have been holding meetings since, but not been suspended by the NEC
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index