913 posts

How many of you actually voted?
Jun 28, 2016, 14:27
Well?
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: How many of you actually voted?
Jun 28, 2016, 15:12

I'm sure that includes everyone on here, as this is U-Know (not the 'shut up and suck it up' board) I think everyone's quite interested one way or the other. You're probably looking for somewhere else?
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 15:42
Rhiannon wrote:

I'm sure that includes everyone on here, as this is U-Know (not the 'shut up and suck it up' board) I think everyone's quite interested one way or the other. You're probably looking for somewhere else?

I rather doubt that 'everyone' here voted......but you seem to speak for all concerned.
If you are an honest person{and i'm starting to doubt it}, you will plainly see that the only person being told to "shut up" is the poster known as 'Sanctuary'......{by 'ALL' the usual suspects}
Once again the wolfpack mentality of this site is on full display to even the most casual observer.
It's quite apparent that Democracy in the UK is in a very poor state of health.
You all lost the EU due to voter apathy.
The 'left' {and far left at that} does'nt want to cop to that because it forces you and them to see yourself for what you/they are....
Far less organized and/or motivated than the right at effecting change....
Whether for good or better or bad to worse.
No diffrent at all here in the states.
Left has got to live up to higher standard...
else all you got is hand wringing on a rock and roll website politics subforum.

Anyway....
don't let me interrupt the 'witch burning' party.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2016, 16:01
Jun 28, 2016, 15:50
"and i'm starting to doubt it" oh don't make me cry, I don't lie very often at all.

I don't think it was voter apathy, I think it was voters not thinking about the consequences of voting out. A 70% turn out is really high, not apathy. Or if they were happy about the consequences, then clearly this country's population is less bothered about social justice, environmental protections, workers' rights, the state of the economy blah blah blah than I thought they would be. And if that's the case (and the increase in reports of racism is true) then I feel sad that this country is turning to the right, and is basically going to the dogs.

I don't think I've given any more than I've got from Sanctuary, I'm sure he'd agree.

And not that it's relevant particularly but "else all you got is hand wringing on a rock and roll website politics subforum." isn't actually true, as i'm on the executive of my union branch. I could do more but it's a start.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 16:05
Rhiannon wrote:
"and i'm starting to doubt it" oh don't make me cry, I don't lie very often at all.

I don't think it was voter apathy, I think it was voters not thinking about the consequences of voting out. A 70% turn out is really high, not apathy. Or if they were happy about the consequences, then clearly this country's population is less bothered about social justice, environmental protections, workers' rights, the state of the economy blah blah blah than I thought they would be. And if that's the case (and the increase in reports of racism is true) then I feel sad that this country is turning to the right, and is basically going to the dogs.

I don't think I've given any more than I've got from Sanctuary, I'm sure he'd agree.

And not that it's any of your business particularly but "else all you got is hand wringing on a rock and roll website politics subforum." isn't actually true, as i'm on the executive of my local union branch. I could do more but it's a start.

Your country had 15 million registered voters who could'nt be arsed.
What i said about 'Sanctuary' was'nt about 'You'...it was about all of 'You'.
Classic Head Heritage pillorying.

I also am a 32 year member of of the IBEW electrical workers union...as was my father before me.
Not that it's made a jot on the American political landscape.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 16:19
I think the issues were quite complicated but the Leave side tried to make everything about snappy nationalism. Nostalgia is massive in the media- it was better when women made cakes and sewed their own clothes, and Britain was Great and we saw off Johnny foreigner in the war. Yes! Vote Leave! and we can return to those good old days. Get rid of all those foreigners. England for the English. Etc. It's not quite like America where everyone's pretty much related to someone who came to the country recently (I may be over exaggerating).

So the 'Remain' were basically saying 'everything's better if we keep things pretty much the same'. And 'Leave' were full of 'Everything's going to be BRILLIANT you just have to BELIEVE'. So if you're of a certain easily-whipped up nature, it's obvious you'll want to be all optimistic and vote for a better future, better than all the shit you've got now. Except maybe they were overlooking the likely consequences because they're hard to think about. And maybe they weren't cynical enough about all the things we have already found out were lies (more money for the NHS, control over immigration etc). Even though most people know damn well that politicians lie.

So I think Remain had a bigger job on their hands than they realised.

I feel like we're all in limbo. And the only properly decent left wing leader in years is being royally made over by his traitorous shadow cabinet. Thanks a LOT.
karmageddon
9 posts

Jun 28, 2016, 18:29
Think of the children!!
Well i did & it seems that only 36% actually made the effort to vote.
So, tough titties all round kids.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 02:29
This, as it turns out, is actual fact.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-referendum-brexit-young-people-upset-by-the-outcome-of-the-eu-referendum-why-didnt-you-vote-a7105396.html

As i have said....
Voter apathy is what done the UK right and proper.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 07:34
'witch burning' party....

That's a distortion, the abuse came from him. As some here know he's a serial "flouncer away" on the Mod Ant forum and is quite capable of staying if he wanted to.. I suspect the reality wasn't bullying of a shrinking violet but the fact he didn't enjoy the mounting evidence that his Brexit vote was bad for Britain and Cornwall. All he had was the claim we're bad losers and he won which isn't a lot in the circumstances. Oh and that what happens now was a matter "personal" to him and not to be shared!

Anyway, I too will add my congratulations to all who voted out. Very good. BTW I see Europe says there can be no proper trade agreement without freedom of movement. Shame Roy isn't here to explain it's not true.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 29, 2016, 12:07
Nigel.....
I have allready spoke out with what i know to be the truth....
I could easily create a thread with all the comments made to Sanctuary in a chronological order that would catagorically prove my point{s}
No need to rehash it.
Believe what you want.

If you believe that posting {to the choir} every single 'Chicken little says the sky is falling' blurb that pops up will solve what lies ahead for you and the UK.....have at it.
Sanctuary is the only one that i noticed repeatedly posting a need to work 'together'.........
He did'nt lose the EU union for you all.....apathy and a democratic majority in the UK did that for you.
Y'all best get your ass's in gear...man.

Remember my words....
"the revolution begins when the 'benefits' checks stop arriving in the mail."
Some 'Revolution'.........
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index