51 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2016, 10:50
Re: What a terrible score!
Jun 28, 2016, 10:41
I'm not going to keep on hammering away at you after this, as you're evidently a real and vulnerable human being who just happens to see the world through a different filter than me (it's far too easy to forget that these are unarmoured people at the receiving end of our posts, at least for someone like me who never quite got to grips with the internet). But what I do want to say is what you see as negativity, as being sore losers, as rhetoric, is actually compassion for those caught in the cross-fire; it's hurt people consoling themselves with maybe a bit of invective against those we believe are in it for themselves. It makes us feel better and helps us get off the ground. You came at us with a similar get over it attitude post-election. You must know that won't go down well with people who are still reeling in a state of shock. It's not negativity or a lack of love of country that has us so rattled, it's seeing our hopes raised and dashed time and again; we are spurned lovers whose only crime is not being cynical and hardened enough. Having lived with the E.U for forty years, you must be able to sympathise with the feeling you get when you want something with all your heart but don't get it.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index