Too late but makes you feel better for a moment

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3069 posts

Re: Too late but makes you feel better for a moment
Jun 26, 2016, 03:22
Those brexiters I've seen interviewed on Beebnews since seem to be either 1) Reaperbound in short order or 2) (warning - political incorrectess alert) terminally thick. Let alone the Mail, the Sun wanted out. That one fact, despite the my long held view of the odiousness of Johnson, Gove, Carswell, Faridge and especially Fox was enough to repel me, despite the views of Dennis Skinner and the late Tony Benn. The leavers are now realising the consequences. While fishing may possibly be better off, arable farming is fucked for a start. I was not surprised at the result because of a newsclip I saw of Boris's closing statement at the QT debate. That he should get such applause at Wembley, in the heartland of Remain, should have been all people needed to know about the impending outcome. For the record, I did not vote. A very distressing family episode came to an end on polling day, my mind has been elsewhere of late, am trying to make sense of things after the event, couldn't do so before, but at least, unlike some, realised it shouldn't be a kneejerk, but a reasoned action. Wasn't enough headspace for that, not that one vote would have made a difference my way anyway...

U-Know! Forum Index