Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 18, 2016, 20:21
Re: Jo Cox
Jun 18, 2016, 20:17
Popel Vooje wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
As someone who runs a mental health campaign (albeit small) the need for some to label non-Muslim people who do this as mentally ill is completely abhorrent! If he was mentally ill the likelihood is is that any GP would have picked up on it, family and friends would have picked up on it, you can't hide it all of the time.

There's numerous pictures online showing him at bf demos showing he was a well known regular, and with his disgusting comment in court today this eradicates any call that there's mental health issues and that he's an extremist plain and simple! Thing is if the guy looked like a Muslim people wouldn't even be thinking mental health but just that that person was a religious extremist and I see no reason to suggest otherwise here!

I think he was both a terrorist and mentally ill. Sometimes mentally disturbed people attach themselves to screwed-up ideologies in order to legitimise their actions, and it's a sad fact that the Internet has most likely contributed to this.

I have come across a couple of reports in which his brother confirms he has a history of OCD and depression - but given how underfunded mental health services are in the UK, I find it easy to believe he could have slipped under the radar.

Nonetheless, this was still a hate crime, and deserves to be treated as such.

What you have to remember though is that the mad (or the mentally ill) don't usually go around killing folks. That dangerous bull is left to the press, warmongerers, arms traders, the media and governments.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index