41 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jun 20, 2016, 17:16
Re: Jo Cox
Jun 18, 2016, 20:16
sanshee wrote:
I am voting out and aligning myself (if it is as simple as that) Gisela Stuart, George Galloway, Jim Sillars (turn up for the books), Dennis Skinner, all to name a few.
All left wing to varying degree.
The remain campaign has the wonderful George Osborne (the wanker who tried to rob families of tax credits), his pals Dave and Theresa not to mention every right wing capitalist body on the planet.
Christ, Farage and Bojo, who it seems between them are such juggernauts the left would have no chance of ever stopping them but they are going to reorganise the whole of the European Union if only we stay with it.
As for this poor woman, using her death as an example of why we should stay in the EU or not is a bit 'off' IMO.
I am sure the official campaigners won't stoop so low.

Bloody hell. Bit of an over-reaction, don't you think? I'm not using her death to score political points, and given how clear she made her own pro-EU beliefs I highly doubt she'd have seen it that way.

I also didn't imply that all those who are voting to leave are neo-Nazi wingnuts. Of course there are people on all sides of the political spectrum with different views re. the EU referendum - but you can't deny that some, poisonous xenophobic attitudes have been swept up in the Brexit campaign, of which this is the ugliest and most extreme example. There's a reader quote from the Independent's comments section which sums it up for me - "Not all outers are racist, but all racists will vote out".

I'd be genuinely interested in how you think leaving the EU will benefit us. My view is better the devil you know. Plus George Galloway is a charlatan and an utter plank, regardless of the fact that he's a (nominal) left-winger.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index