Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 18, 2016, 19:56
Re: Jo Cox
Jun 18, 2016, 19:13
Captain Starlet wrote:
As someone who runs a mental health campaign (albeit small) the need for some to label non-Muslim people who do this as mentally ill is completely abhorrent! If he was mentally ill the likelihood is is that any GP would have picked up on it, family and friends would have picked up on it, you can't hide it all of the time.

There's numerous pictures online showing him at bf demos showing he was a well known regular, and with his disgusting comment in court today this eradicates any call that there's mental health issues and that he's an extremist plain and simple! Thing is if the guy looked like a Muslim people wouldn't even be thinking mental health but just that that person was a religious extremist and I see no reason to suggest otherwise here!

The group he's a member of have already been classed as a threat to the UK, publicly declared 'direct action' against Sadiq Khan and Muslims...and their ridiculous list is endless. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I was reluctant to reply, but in part you are right Captain Scarlet. Nobody knows what the killers mental health problem may be. If mental illness it is directly responsible, for Jo Cox's killing then by law he would not be responsible. It seems like a racist and directed attack though, giving his past affiliations to the far right, then it could be a racist murder. I think the two things can be seperate in certain circumstances.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index