24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Re: Gun Law in America (again)
Jun 19, 2016, 07:26
laresident wrote:
I wish I could see that. I hope it ends up on YouTube. I would pay the beeb good money to watch gems like that in the US.

That was just an earnerst letter from a friend in the USA. Not anything else!

My reply was:

Well said Mary. I think you could quite easily pin a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder on Trump, however that could be said about many politicians and corporate business people. What is even scarier though are his downright racist comments, which must be bordering on the illegal. There are many people (including myself) who think he should be banned from entering the UK ever again, despite him having business interests here. Something has to be done about gun control in the USA also though. The recent tragic events in Orlando highlight this. It's quite amazing that the NRA have more power than President Obama.

The UK has it's faults also. It still has a Conservative government. The good news is that London recently voted in a Labour Mayor, who just happens to be a Muslim. A very powerful job. Trump had the audacity to say that he would allow Sadiq Khan to visit the USA!

As for the EU, I believe we should remain. It's not perfect, but the benefits outweigh the disadvantages in my book. I do worry about TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) as that is just plain wrong. Is there much coverage of TTIP in the USA?

You may have heard in the USA media that a Labour MP was murdered in broad daylight on Thursday in Yorkshire by a man with a right wing fascist mentality. They say he has a mental health history also, but that's no excuse this time. She spoke out as pro-Europe and pro-immigration for refugees and is now dead. Absolutely shocking. What a world.

Take care

Marko xx
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index