Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 14, 2016, 21:49
Gun Law in America (again)
Jun 13, 2016, 02:06
What does it have to take, to spell out that posessing guns is not a good idea? Some may say that only the deranged carry out such acts?

Possibly? It really is time for yet another re-think for the USA. Obama has been talking about gun control for years. Awful, awful, fucking awful. He doesn't have the power?

Michael Moore said recentely that mass killings happen every day in USA. If that is the truth, then what a brutal society.

Killing gay, lesbian, bi or trans folks is just plain wrong. Whichever fucker did it, and for any twisted reasons..is just wrong.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Gun Law in America (again)
Jun 13, 2016, 03:30
I applaud Obama for coming out and condemning these acts but he's had 8 years to sort this out, and yeah I know Congress would vote against him but he's the president at the end of the day!

Admittedly my knowledge of US politics isn't as great as it should be!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 13, 2016, 14:14
To be fair to Obama it does come across that his inability to get to grips with this issue is a major cause of regret (and frustration) from his time in office
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 13, 2016, 16:36
He often says that democracy is making changes by small degrees, rather than in chunks. Perhaps chunks are what's needed with certain things. Even a country derived from the most crazy pilgrim zealots managed to cope with grooms marrying grooms and brides marrying brides; once the change has taken place, the sting gets taken out of the issue's, um, tail. It's all the overimaginative hypothesis and what ifs ("How will we defend ourselves from the government without guns?") that come prior which are hard to navigate around. Unfortunately, the political dynamic has been like this for quite awhile: Republicans can be as maverick and undemocratic as they like, but those on the other side can only tip-toe around certain issues without being polled as "one of the worst presidents in history". Maybe one day there'll be a maverick leftist to break this dynamic- a charismatic dynamo with the values of Bernie Sanders- but that hasn't happened yet.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 14, 2016, 21:50
Jun 13, 2016, 17:05
Locodogz wrote:
To be fair to Obama it does come across that his inability to get to grips with this issue is a major cause of regret (and frustration) from his time in office

Obviously. The NRA are bigger than killing your own people? Obama can hardly get healthcare through The Senate, which is historically Democratic.

I despair, then again the UK is no better.
carol27
747 posts

Jun 13, 2016, 20:01
Markoid wrote:
Locodogz wrote:

Obviously. The NRA are bigger than killing your own people? Obamah can hardly get healthcare through The Senate, which is historically Democratic.

We're slightly better in that you can't yet walk into your local Wal-Mart & buy an automatic or whatever. If that day comes, we're fucked.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 13, 2016, 20:40
Jun 13, 2016, 20:39
carol27 wrote:
Markoid wrote:
Locodogz wrote:

Obviously. The NRA are bigger than killing your own people? Obamah can hardly get healthcare through The Senate, which is historically Democratic.

We're slightly better in that you can't yet walk into your local Wal-Mart & buy an automatic or whatever. If that day comes, we're fucked.

I listened to 5 minutes of Trumps speech, and I felt physically sick. Really. I fired an email to a friend in Boston USA, and said what the hell?

She doesn't understand it either.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 13, 2016, 23:33
Are you sure "fired an email" is the best choice of words here? ;) ;)
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 13, 2016, 23:42
Jun 13, 2016, 23:42
Sin Agog wrote:
Are you sure "fired an email" is the best choice of words here? ;) ;)

Yep. It's electronic. Doesn't involve bullets or any of that rubbish.

Talking of electronic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqVR3N8qW8g
carol27
747 posts

Jun 14, 2016, 20:53
Markoid wrote:
carol27 wrote:
Markoid wrote:
Locodogz wrote:

I listened to 5 minutes of Trumps speech, and I felt physically sick. Really. I fired an email to a friend in Boston USA, and said what the hell?

She doesn't understand it either.

Hope she's not Mexican cos she'll be trammelled into constructing the great wall soon. Can this really be happening?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index