Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Mental Health Funding - Did I just see a flying pig?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 04, 2016, 04:50
Re: Mental Health Funding - Did I just see a flying pig?
Mar 02, 2016, 05:42
laresident wrote:
I wish they would increase the funding over here. Far too many mentally unwell people in the streets. Usually also with guns.

Guns and knives are usually not the source problem. That is a societal problem. In many cultures. Granted, but helping the mentally ill would minimise violence to only a small extent.. Only a small amount of crimes are perpetreted by the mentally ill.

Most crimes are done by the bone fide sane. Insane people are most likely to to kill themselves than harm any others. Sane people are more likely to kill others. That myth HAS to be be stopped, in suicide awareness platforms. And Homocide platforms. And in Jails, with proper treatment.

It is total bullshit, that the mad are dangerous all the time. Occasionally, yes. That just sells the papers, with vitriolic nonsense.

I work in the frontline, and have avoided management all my life...it has been offered, and I have tasted, and declined.

And I have been quoted as saying. 'I don't want to turn into a total cunt'. 'Managers usually do. I don't.'

I've stuck to my principles.

U-Know! Forum Index