Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2015, 07:59
Re: I'm so confused.....
Nov 15, 2015, 07:59
Here's another hate group for folks to look out for when planning a wall building programme ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QVMBpvyLw
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2015, 08:26
Nov 15, 2015, 08:10
billding68 wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
You could say the same about any religion or ideology! Like all Muslims I don't link ISIS with Islam in any way whatsoever, they're certainly not following the will of God, which is the main principle of Islam. They have their own twisted ideology and apart from saying they're Muslim have no connection to it whatsoever. They've got as much chance of being Muslim as I have of being the Pope, and that's never going to happen.

I'm sorry but I disagree I think they follow the teachings of Allah to the letter. the same cannot be said for all other religions. In modern times most religions do not support the killing of civilians,beheading,raping,suicide bombings. I'm not talking history I'm talking 2015. what other religion are you referring to that not just condones but encourages the slaughter of others by any means including suicide bombings? or the rape of children (Boko Haram) Islam is vicious at its core and should be wiped from modern times. or we can sit passively and let them kill us. As we have over and over again.

You do realise that Colonel Kurtz is a tragic (almost pathetic) figure not a role model and that "Kill them all" is the creed of a paranoid narcissistic psychopath with a god complex not the title of a how-to-do-war instruction book?

I only ask because you seem to be struggling with this nuance thing.

Go back to the first post that got you going, look up the meaning of irony and then reread that post in the voice of the befuddled rock fan Dhajjie is satirising. You've been yanking your own chain.
veneta1
223 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 11:10
billding68 wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
So who am i to feel sorry for,
Jihadi John,the terrorist cunts in Paris or there victims?
Is all this stuff still the fault of the United States?
Does it matter that the one real tie that binds all these guys worldwide is one form or another of Islam?
Should i just forget about it even happening,and go pound sand up my ass?
So confused......

Nevermind, i'll just spin a Motorhead record.

I obviously could'nt have worded this post any better.

Once again you've proven yourself to be a horses ass. Now leave you Troll.

Was wondering how long it would be before you trotted out the 'troll' word, which seems to be your default insult when others don't agree with you.

And while we're at it, you might want to do some research on the concept of irony. At the moment you're proving, with every message you post, that you just don't have any understanding of it.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

I'm so confused.....
Nov 15, 2015, 11:34
Thank you for that. In all this it may sadly be lost on the general public that there are other far more tolerant forms of Islam, that practised by Richard and Danny Thompson being a case in point. Also, there is the unsaid for fear of censure, Syria's neighbour 'I', significant proportion of whose goverment and population believes in the reestablishment of a 'Greater I' along biblical boundaries. That this state enjoys cordial relations with Saudi Arabia is a fact most seem unaware of.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 12:02
I listened attentively to the Masters of War cover on 'Sings Dylan' last week. Agree. Totally nailed. Fifty years on and just as valid and true. An unbearably sad fact. I was at Blackbushe in '78 when he sang it to 200000. The roar it got. The public who haven't been conditioned by their mass media think one thing, the leaders do another, regardless of how many march.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 15:09
I posted a few links elsewhere yesterday while being harassed by someone who hated Muslims. As usual (even shown the figures) he refused to believe that white supremacists have a higher death toll in the US than Muslims by far, and in reality they pose a far greater threat. Same as they do here with britain first etc, I don't see Islam as a threat to anyone, just a few arseholes who are using it as an excuse to create havoc.

This goes also for white supremacist groups who use Christianity in the same way, usually shuts them up when you tell them Jesus wan't white though.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 15:14
Good post (and welcome back)

I really enjoyed studying Islam in university had a great lecturer and met lots of local Imams who did Q&A sessions with us and did so very honestly and with great humour. Our lecturer was very straight with the subject and showed no bias, it really was a good course.

It still interests me now and still get a laugh when telling anti-Islam ex military that the military exemplar to this day is still Saladin!
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 15:23
The film Bitter Lake by Adam Curtis covers some of those points e.g. the use of oil money to export wahhabism and the subsequent links to Bin Laden and Isis. It's available on the bbc iplayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02gyz6b/adam-curtis-bitter-lake
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Nov 15, 2015, 17:48
veneta1 wrote:
billding68 wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
So who am i to feel sorry for,
Jihadi John,the terrorist cunts in Paris or there victims?
Is all this stuff still the fault of the United States?
Does it matter that the one real tie that binds all these guys worldwide is one form or another of Islam?
Should i just forget about it even happening,and go pound sand up my ass?
So confused......

Nevermind, i'll just spin a Motorhead record.

I obviously could'nt have worded this post any better.

Once again you've proven yourself to be a horses ass. Now leave you Troll.

Was wondering how long it would be before you trotted out the 'troll' word, which seems to be your default insult when others don't agree with you.

And while we're at it, you might want to do some research on the concept of irony. At the moment you're proving, with every message you post, that you just don't have any understanding of it.

Asshole other than Douche boy who have I EVER called a troll? Who you lying scumfuck? No one that's who! Don't run around as though an authority on what ive said. Stupid lying fucker.If I so freely Trot the word troll out when people disagree with me than prove it! fucking shit for brains people often disagree with me and I respect that,when they have a point that is. Doucheboy is in fact a TROLL with very little to offer other than taunting people out of the room like he did to Lawrence. Doucheboy is just that a fucking TROLL and you sir are an idiot.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 15, 2015, 18:30
Nov 15, 2015, 18:16
Captain Starlet wrote:
I posted a few links elsewhere yesterday while being harassed by someone who hated Muslims. As usual (even shown the figures) he refused to believe that white supremacists have a higher death toll in the US than Muslims by far, and in reality they pose a far greater threat. Same as they do here with britain first etc, I don't see Islam as a threat to anyone, just a few arseholes who are using it as an excuse to create havoc.

This goes also for white supremacist groups who use Christianity in the same way, usually shuts them up when you tell them Jesus wan't white though.

You would think they would find the him not actually being the son of god thing far more troubling than the skin colour of what was most likely a composite prophet.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index