69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ron
ron
706 posts

Re: Donald Trump for President!
Dec 01, 2015, 02:12
ron wrote:
bee interesting if Trump went 3rd parti... and then Bernie did same...

4 way race - GOP Candidate (fill in the blank) versus Trump versus Hillary versus Bernie Sanders...

Now that the actual election is less than 12 months away, things are starting to get serious. In the past day or two, some of the "establishment" GOP Candidates have said specifically that Trump will not be the GOP Nominee. Naturally, that should be something that a serious candidate says in the normal course of a campaign; however, Bush, Rubio, and I think it was Kasich, all seemed to say it with a certain level of confidence that I can only equate to something that would be said by more than one Bookmaker assuring you of a win, knowing that the "fix was in" on the opponent going down in the 7th round. Or, that they know the Judges, and how they are going to score a decision, no matter how bad the result. My opinion is that the GOP (Reince Priebus) has assured the establishment Candidates that Trump will not be the Nominee under any circumstance. There have been whispers on the street that the GOP is in the awkward position of Trump still leading by a substantial margin, as they, like the rest of us, have been awaiting the spectacular face plant/train wreck of "The Donald". Hasn't happened. But, just as much as the GOP has been anticipating Trumps fall from Grace, Trump has been anticipating GOP abandonment. The GOP Candidate will end up being a "fill-in-the-blank" establishment person, kinda doubtful it will be Carson, and Trump will be the first 3rd party candidate to out poll the GOP. The State Primaries will begin shortly and things will clear up soon enough, and we'll see how long Trump goes through the motions. He won't stick around for a "brokered convention" as it would be a waste of time for him. Do y'all have the red Starbucks cups? I think the minimalism is genius, almost in a Warhol kinda way...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index