Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Something to think about next time ISIS worries you...

101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Something to think about next time ISIS worries you...
Jul 06, 2015, 17:33
Captain Starlet wrote:
On the contrary this is just one single link out of thousands that will confirm what I have said. As an academic I weigh up all sides of an argument and then come to a conclusion. After studying WW1 propaganda in further education it's a subject I'm very familiar with.

Believing the propaganda was one, of many, reasons Britain entered WW1 as it stirred up public fervour to go fight for king and country. I'm not suggesting atrocities didn't happen, however many, as I mentioned previously have readily been dismissed as pure fiction.

In 1929 in an article published in The Nation "In 1916 the Allies were putting forth every possible atrocity story to win neutral sympathy and American support. We were fed every day [...] stories of Belgian children whose hands were cut off, the Canadian soldier who was crucified to a barn door, the nurses whose breasts were cut off, the German habit of distilling glycerine and fat from their dead in order to obtain lubricants; and all the rest." The point is is that they were stories. The crucified soldier tale has never been established, nor many other propaganda stories of the time. So I'd rather go with the evidence available than stick all my eggs into one basket as you seem to have done with Rubinstein.

All my eggs in one basket?
Whaaaaaat?
I pretty much knew when I posted a response to you in particular, that anything that doesn't come from your point of view wouldn't matter.
You are right... Arthur Rubenstien must have been full of shit,as so many other FIRST hand accounts must have been too. I thought a musical website with a politics forum would be a perfectly appropriate venue to use Mr. Rubenstien's first hand account of ww1. I guess folks born what{???} 3 or 4 generations after the fact would know much better how it all went down.
I could post links proving Historical fact till the cows come home...but like Mr. Rubentiens actual life memories...to you it would not suit your 'view' of things.

I won't try to argue with anyone so obviously intent on rewriting history to suit their opinions/agenda.
I understand that the holocaust didn't happen either.....
Anyway, as I posted from your own link...Many Belgian Atrocities did occur. All the colorfull descriptors of fat rendering and babies and breasts...those are the fabrications with no support.
Just adjectives to distract from fact. But thanks for the revisionist history lesson.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index