Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Something to think about next time ISIS worries you...

101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Something to think about next time ISIS worries you...
Jul 06, 2015, 15:33
Captain Starlet wrote:
Yes I did actually. There's nothing to support his claims either, so that makes them just that. His claims based on a time where fervour was rapidly building to wage war on Germany. I'm sure he wasn't the only person to do this either, however adds no proof that any of the things actually happened. As an academic I have to go with the evidence of what's in front of me, sadly Rubinstein offers no alternative to that, but believe what you want.

This will be the last i have to say on this particular matter....
You seem to intent to build a wall based on obfuscation rather than fact.
Rather odd for a man who claims Academic status as a impenetrable qualifier.
And yes... i will Believe as i choose. Based on a life of well chosen avenues and true academic and scholarly companionship.
Aurthur's 'Claims' [as you say}, were from a continental european who lived and was ruined twice through 2 world wars. First Hand accounts.
Not some link from a guy posting an argument in the year 2015.
The Germans had 2 world wars to cover up any atrocities they commited in ther wakes. The overtook Paris in ww2 and actually ransacked Aurthurs home there. Took EVERYTHING he had too.
I would bet those letters that Aurthur saw and interpreted in ww1 in Paris would not have had much of a chance to see the modern era.
The Germans took EVERYTHING...when they went through.
Back to your post:

Alan Kramer and John Horne, in their magisterial volume on this subject (German Atrocities, 1914: A History of Denial; 2001), have painstakingly reconstructed the reality behind the propaganda in a way that should leave no reader in doubt. Through years of careful archival research they have reached the conclusion that there was indeed a systematic program of civilian executions — sometimes en masse — conducted in Belgium, by the German army, with the purpose of breaking the spirit of resistance and striking terror into the heart of the population. The anniversaries of the worst of these catastrophes are upon us; on August 23rd, 1914 — ninety-nine years ago tomorrow — the German army took revenge upon the Belgian city of Dinant for what it falsely believed to be the actions of Belgian francs-tireurs (“free-shooters”, or non-military partisans). This revenge took the form of the burning of over a 1,000 buildings and the execution of some 674 civilians. The oldest among them was in his 90s; the youngest was barely a month old. These civilians were killed in a variety of ways. Some were bayoneted, others burned alive; most were bound, put up against walls, and then executed by a volley of rifle fire — all in reprisal for something that had not actually happened. Two days later (August 25th), the same spirit of reprisal played out again elsewhere — in

?????
From your own link.
As you do not even know what Aurthur Rubenstien had to say in his Autobiography...lets just say, your link offers substantial confirmation.
You have quite a way of disproving your own 'Beliefs'.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index