grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Cat Stevens...
May 13, 2015, 13:45
dhajjieboy wrote:
You are quite correct.
I do sleep very well at night.
It's the ability of people such as yourself to give the Lawrence's of the
world a 'pass' that have caused many interesting people on this site to just jack it in over the years.
Really old man, it's a very small community here.
How long can you all pander to just yourselves?

I don't give Lawrence a pass. I have lived and worked in Arab nations. I have Arab friends. I found his casual use of that term obnoxious. But he was called out on it by others. In fact, it was only when he was called out that I noticed it.

Because, fact is, I don't read very much on here these days, and contribute even less. Since it drifted to the right, I find the discussions here conservative, unimaginative and often hostile to genuinely leftist or radical ideas. Very occasionally (usually around an election or when a major political event has happened) I will scan a couple of threads and add my thoughts if something jumps out at me.

That's about the limits of my involvement here. So whatever questions you have about the "community" here would be better directed elsewhere. I don't feel that this forum can be described as a "community" in any real sense of the word; and if it is, then I certainly don't feel part of it.

However, I do sometimes get exasperated when I see people act obnoxiously online and feel compelled to call them on it. Which is why I responded to you. You're being really quite nasty, and if you're happy with that, then there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. But in the off-chance you didn't realise just how nasty you're being, I thought I'd let you know in the hope that you might tone it down.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index