Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Edited May 13, 2015, 16:36
Re: Cat Stevens...
May 13, 2015, 16:28
Yusuf Islam back in the day appeared live on a TV debate programme called "After Dark". He was asked what he would do if Salman Rushdie appeared at his door. He replied that he would invite him in, sit him down, and whilst Rushdie was sitting there he would go off and telephone the Iranian authorities and inform them where he was.

This was no misquote - this was live on TV.

I would like to think he has mellowed over the last 20-odd years or so.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 13, 2015, 17:50
EVERYONE has done or said something at some point that was regrettable be it twenty years ago or last month. people at times say or do things that aren't the smartest. unless youre Hitler you got to be cut a little slack from time to time. I think we are all guilty of being too judgmental on occasion, not saying be nice to trolls they bring out the worst and that's really my point.
Lawrence
9547 posts

May 13, 2015, 18:16
I've nothing but contempt for this Dodge One pseudonym. Hasn't he got something better to do like get a fucking job or something?
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 13, 2015, 21:13
Actually he said that he would phone up ayatollah Khomeini.
It's doubtful that he had that phone #.
Whilst stupid to remark that, he has consistently backed away from
the stance that he says the media foisted upon him.
I believe the guy. He is a man of peace. If the Islamic world heeded his call, there would be a lot less beheaded journalists these years past. What is going on in the Islamic world is tragic. These horrifying events that unfold daily are NOT isolated incidences.
Now they pit themselves one against the other. Over the difference of a prophet? How many more school girls in Pakistan will die because of old line doctrine? That is the point you see.
Old line doctrine {DOGMA} is the fuel that the mullahs and clerics say justifies terrorism.
Not anything that Cat Stevens ever had to say.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 13, 2015, 21:21
Lawrence wrote:
I've nothing but contempt for this Dodge One pseudonym. Hasn't he got something better to do like get a fucking job or something?

Actually I'm very nearing retirement old son,
35 years of work is a pretty good run...
don't you think?
You should be glad too. It was people like me who funded you most of your life.
By the way, did you ever rid yourself of your bed bug infestation?
Rochester is a pretty depressed part of the world.....them bugs must be something to fend off.

Bed Bugs is mean and evil
don't mean my body no good

Thinks he's a woodpecker
my poor body's a piece of wood.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 13, 2015, 22:25
dhajjieboy wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Actually I'm very nearing retirement old son,
35 years of work is a pretty good run...
don't you think?
You should be glad too. It was people like me who funded you most of your life.
By the way, did you ever rid yourself of your bed bug infestation?
Rochester is a pretty depressed part of the world.....them bugs must be something to fend off.

Thinks he's a woodpecker
my poor body's a piece of wood.

dude shut the fuck up. I think I speak for many here that you've tainted this site with your stench long enough. No cares that you try to shake the hornets nest or upset the apple cart, youre lame and boring and just fucking childish. Most frequent posters on HH know each other via the site enough to know a fraud when they see one and buddy let me tell ya youre fucking clear as day. Everyone here has there own opinions and many of us have clashed over the years but we don't pick on one another for a reaction. go away now perhaps you can stir up the one direction website with your drivel they might take you more seriously cos here buddy..youre just a douche
dhajjieboy
913 posts

May 14, 2015, 00:31
And yet.....
you have read every single one of my posts. That is interesting, don't you think?
If i am honest, i must say that it is a fascinating thing to generate so much directed hate over what amounts to just digital vapor in the long run.
I could write a thesis just on the mindsets here alone. And what narrow mindsets too! Such a limited capacity for alternative points of view...
The hive mind.
Well anyway, remember folks...
don't eat your own kind.
Back to your regularly scheduled lives.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

May 14, 2015, 00:32
Lol I was convinced you were dodge for quite awhile. I knew he was American and had a sorta similar writing style, but looking at y'all back-to-back I can see the differences in your syntax.

dhajjie, have you spent some time in England before? You've got a transatlantic thing a'happenin'.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

May 14, 2015, 00:41
Richard Thompson back in the day had some things to say that weren't exactly endearing either, to the same effect.

Converts to any religion are the worst when it comes to trying to prove their devotion.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

May 14, 2015, 00:52
Plus if you listen to the tone of his voice in the footage, he sounds about as sure and confident of what he's talking about as i would be if I had to address an auditorium of world-renowned doctors on the finer details of quadruple bypass surgery.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index