16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Re: Nothing to hide nothing to fear?
Mar 31, 2015, 22:55
thesweetcheat wrote:
England is crying out for proportional representation, first past the post has become a terrible mess.

Neither of the two "main" parties can get an overall majority, but because of FPTP people who would vote, say, Green feel they need to vote for the big party they dislike less instead.

I'm in a constituency where voting Lib Dem is the only way of avoiding a Tory. To be fair my LD MP is very good and often votes against his party if he thinks it's right to do so. But my own politics are closer to Green than anyone else.

Plaid have a wonderful leader in Leanne Wood. I'm not completely convinced that an independent Wales would have the economic potential to succeed in the way an independent Scotland could, but I agree with almost all of Plaid's "other" policies. I'd certainly vote for her personally, she would make a much better leader than the hideous public school shower leading the main parties.

Leanne Smith is a superb leader but I think Nicola Sturgeon will have lots more clout in the eventual outcome of this election. I think the present SNP leader is a class act. Still I hope the Greens beat her predecessor up here so no tactical stuff from me as he'll win. Still a wee warning shot will do Wee Eck no harm at all.

U-Know! Forum Index