Bragg on Brand

99 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Bragg on Brand
Oct 29, 2014, 19:56
Thanks for watching it. He is just scatting with no script, and he does those every single day, so it's not air-tight. What I appreciated there was how he actually tried to empathise with the people behind Isis, and delve into why they exist and they're pissed. So often in these conflicts we're just presented with the latest enemy, and any history which lead up to their present state is ignored. I remember watching this Vietnam doc made in the 70s. It brought together an American general and a Vietnamese general to have a conversation over a table. By the end of the conversation, they both realised that their essential problem was that neither side had any dialogue with the other, leaving them free to paint their enemy into some demonic figure. That's an important point and I reckon Brand hints at it there. All I'm saying is he cares, and that much isn't a front. You may not like him as a person or a commentator, but I'm glad he's spent so much time invigorating and engaging would-be apathetic people with the world around them.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index