Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jul 22, 2014, 15:13
Re: Putin Needs Shootin'
Jul 22, 2014, 13:43
phallus dei wrote:
Among the current crop of major world leaders, I'd rate Putin as the best. He diffused the Syrian situation last summer, which prevented a major US bombing campaign. He gave Snowden asylum. And the BRICS, if they continue to develop, have the potential to offer the world for the first time in half a century an alternative to the American/IMF dominated economic status quo. All positive things in my book. Not to say that Putin is a saint, simply the lesser evil given the actual leaders that we have.

Regarding the current MH017 thing, I find it disturbing that so many are willing to buy into what our corporate-controlled "free media" dictate to us once again. Considering all the times they have lied to us before, I don't see why this case should be any different. Common sense would tell you that there is no reason why the Russian government or the East Ukrainian "rebels" would have deliberately shot down the plane. Just because CNN, the BBC and the NYT repeat the same things ad infinitum doesn't make it true.

Regarding the shooting down of the plane, it probably was an accident and the idiots that fired it may have thought it was a millitary vessel, however how did that kind of armoury get there in the first place?
Free media? Most of the media in the 'so called West' is absolute filth corrupt garbage, but there is no proper free media in Russia, which is why most of the citizens cannot, and are pretty much not allowed to see any other point of view. Putin is popular. So what? To say otherwise would be like taken off to the salt mines of Siberia! David Cameron is popular in the UK, as he got voted in, but we can get rid of him if we want. Not so in Russia, as it seems with Putin.

U-Know! Forum Index