Register
U-Know! Forum »
Zig Zag to stay alive

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Zig Zag to stay alive
Oct 17, 2002, 06:37
Good grief. There is something of the old gallows humour in this. One of the newspapers this morning has the headline "ZIG ZAG". This is the advice being given by Washington police to the citizens of Washington DC to decrease chances of the sniper picking 'em off.

I know it's grim but I can't help but shake my head in disbelief at the thought of a city of people walking in strange patterns just to get to the end of the day alive. And the NRA will still tell ya that guns are a good thing, every mans right to bear arms yadayadayada....sheesh.

"Keep that line serpentine!"
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Zig Zag to stay alive
Oct 17, 2002, 09:33
Yes!
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Oct 17, 2002, 09:40
Everybody zigzags in Glasgow on a Friday night, now I know why. I prefer the sprint, duck and roll technique.
I'm surprised this is so unusual. 15000 sniper rifles were sold to citizens in the states last year - they reap what they sell.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Oct 17, 2002, 12:27
Why, oh why oh why are they not also advising a Bob & Nod policy too? Surely combined with the Zigzag policy the sniper's aim would be rendered useless as he tries to control his laughter.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Oct 17, 2002, 12:28
The citizens could really go to town by organising great big conga lines! Or they could dosy-do there way down the streets in pairs for safety.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 17, 2002, 12:35
Joy!

I'll be giggling well in to the afternoon thinking about that.

They should all wear hats with mirrors on too, just in case the sniper wasn't blinded by the laughter tears.
U-Know! Forum Index