Fantasy Political Funeral

101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Re: Fantasy Political Funeral
May 22, 2013, 14:48
sanshee wrote:
Thing with Farage is, he may or may not be right to agitate the European stuff, but many forget at his heart he is also as grassroots Tory as Tory can be.
If you didn't support Thatcher, as you suggest, you most certainly will be making up for any shortfall there by supporting his lot.
BTW what happened to him in Edinburgh is disgraceful, especially those nasty little nats shouting to him to 'get back to England'.
We've got that shit to put up with up here 'til the puss-filled overstuffed boil that is Salmond is burst once and for all. Another matter though!
EDIT: Seems 'protestors' (how long now has that word been bastardised?) are from something called the 'Radical Independence' movement.
Salmond was asked to condemn actions, which he should, since he and Sturgeon are about the only buggers you constantly see supporting no more UK.
Instead he found it laughable.
More likely sitting eating cream cakes punching the air thinking to himself, 'yes!'.
x

The difficulty is separating any of them now from each other! Farage may be Tory at heart, but I support his EU views. However, Labour have positioned themselves almost in Tory heartland political thinking too so I'm left loooking at the issues that matter to me only. A big one is Europe as I think that either Tory or Labour will seriously bugger the UK, perhaps in slightly different ways. Is there a viable alternative anywhere?????

I'm Scottish too, but also no lover of the Independence movement. I prefer the Union, for all of its faults. However, Salmond has a winner on his hands. Even if he loses a referendum, he can stand up, puff his chest, and say: 'At least I was good enough to give you a say and now I'll go with your wishes'. That will give him a huge boost and he'll prob go for devo-max instead. We could be stuck with him...well, you, I live in Norway for the forseeable! :-)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index