U-Know! Forum »
Fantasy Political Funeral

101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

Re: Fantasy Political Funeral
May 10, 2013, 13:31
Ha, you picked the part that makes me sound like a Thatcher supporter and then whitewashed the fact that under left-wing control we didn't know when the lights would next go out. My family were in manufacturing back then and I'm from old Mining family. But, I remember those Marxist c##ts with venom and vitriol. The swing to the Right, and to Thatcher was almost guaranteed. By them, and by them alone. You cannot have militants ruining businesses and trying to play their own political games to the detriment of the Govt and population of the day without something going 'bang'. Those TU's, often beloved of the left, brought Thatcher into power more surely than the voters who elected and then re-elected her.

I enjoy your posts, and missed them btw, unlike the majority of mindless, 'right-on' drivel oft spouted on here.

On your final point though, we are agreed. In many cases I support the creation of part-subsidised employment rather than Merrick's old 'give em dole if they'd rather that' stance. I want people to have a reason to partake in society, to pay tax and NI and feel some sense of self worth with ensuing self respect. Resultant crime rates should fall, urban areas should be safer and cleaner and it should have a +ve affect on society as a whole.

You're no Labour supporter? I'd love to hear more.

I'm headed the UKIP path, myself. Yeah, yeah, the racist Europhobes, if you believe the hype. Phoney Tony & Gordie Clown nailed the UK to the mast and Dangerous Dave set the remains on fire. The only way out is to ditch the burden of the EU.

On another note and just reflecting: It's funny just how few of Thatchers policies were overturned by Labour afterwards.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index